November 27, 2020, 01:22:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HONDA CTX700 DTC - Your Opinions & Would you Recommend or Not?  (Read 1011 times)
Carol
RCR
Scooter Grad Student

Bikes Owned: 07 Silverwing, 15 Tmax

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 12

Email
« on: June 17, 2020, 05:43:13 AM »

I know I'm late to the party, just realized I haven't been on the site for months.
I've got the naked CTX  - I'll agree with everything that has been said so far.  It is fun.  Its got a nice growl to the engine. I like the looks.  Has enough power for a day ride.  I've done a couple overnight trips on it.  There is no faring, so you get a lot of wind.  I also get some engine vibration.  Not a touring bike, but fun for day rides.

I think the seat is comfortable.  Its got good position, good height for me, good width for me, doesn't kill my back after an hour.
Good hand position, easy on my wrists.

It likes to shift up as fast as possible. When riding in the city, I have to remember to put into sport mode or it will lug along in top gear at 35 mph. The finger paddles are very easy to up shift or down shift.  You can switch between sport mode and regular drive mode easily and on the fly.  The button placement took some getting used to.  The manual shifts are on the left hand where the horn is supposed to be.  About the third time I hit the downshift instead of the horn I put my thinking cap on on how to solve it.  I put a small sliver of velcro on each button - the soft side for the horn and the rough side for the shift.  Now when I go to hit the horn and feel rough velcro, I know I'm in the wrong place.

The button to shift between sport and drive is on the throttle hand.  My hands are a touch too small to reach the button and hold the throttle position, but easy to adjust to.

It likes a curve, has good lean.

Overall, its a fun ride. I really like it.

Chain maintenance is easy.  This is my first chain bike.  Spray chain lube every 500-700 miles or every couple of gas tanks, then clean the chain with spray cleaner once a month or so and re lube.  There is a chain guard held on by two bolts.  Take this off, makes the lube and clean much easier.
It is a messy and dirty, and really easy.  I kind of like the ritual of doing it.  It is a bonding experience between the bike and me.

I haven't had to adjust the chain yet.  Normal maintenance, oil change, etc...

Yes, would recommend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: