November 27, 2020, 02:36:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HONDA CTX700 DTC - Your Opinions & Would you Recommend or Not?  (Read 1024 times)
sonuvabug
Scooter Grad Student

Thank You
-Given: 22
-Receive: 23

Email
« on: April 16, 2020, 04:30:19 PM »

I have two riding friends that have the CTX 700.  The bike are very reliable and work as advertised.  This is a price point bike so not a lot of creature comforts.  They like it around town but not long distance riding.  Rode about 6 hours to Barber Motorcycle Museum from the coast.  Both of them would like more power and lacked a little bit on the interstate.

Thanks for your input.  I like mid-sized machines (like the old Suzuki GS 550 I rode years ago).  I could have any MC I wanted.  However, I'm just not interested in big, heavy or super fast asphalt rippers.  Cruising along at 70+'ish mph is just fine as I only ride super slabs occasionally ... just when I have to.  A top end around 100 mph is plenty enough for any of my emergency situations.

I'm more about reliability, functionality and decent handling and performance.  I've not read much bad news about the CTX700 other than it could use a little more power (sounds like the 2 foot-itis disease boaters have), the chain is a maintenance PITA to some and there is an engine bolt that needs to be checked to ensure it is tight or else big troubles.  My riding is 70% city, 24% secondary highway, 5% superslab and 1% "other" depending on how lost we get. lol

2016 Gray Suzuki Burgman 400 (herz) - 12,000 km.
2009 Wineberry Red Honda Silver Wing (hiz) - 7,500 km.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: