November 27, 2020, 02:20:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HONDA CTX700 DTC - Your Opinions & Would you Recommend or Not?  (Read 1020 times)
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 73

Email
« on: April 01, 2020, 08:14:45 AM »

Dawn had a CTX700DCT for a while. Here's the good and bad IMO.
Good
- Comfortable seating position.
- Good fuel mileage. Over 60mpg.
- Smooth engine with low RPM's on the highway.
- Very good handling for a cruiser.
- The DCT works great.
- Lots of leg room which you would like as a tall guy.
Bad
- Small fuel tank. Only 3.3 gallons.
- Bad rear suspension. The rear would bottom over small bumps with my big ass on it. A new shock would be about $500.
- Not very fast. My 650 V-strom would kill the CTX in any performance category. The redline is only 7000 RPM, pretty low for a 700cc bike, and there's no over-rev. You hit redline and it stops making power. The CTX runs about as good as your SWing.

Overall it's a decent bike if you aren't a performance junkie. More practical than soul stirring.
The chain isn't a big issue. I've found modern chains last about 20,000 miles whether you oil them or not. You have to replace your CVT belt every 16,000 miles also, so that's a common expense.
We sold our CTX to Carolyn and she hasn't been riding it much. Don't know how hard it is to import a used CTX into Canada, but she might want to sell it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: