November 27, 2020, 02:58:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HONDA CTX700 DTC - Your Opinions & Would you Recommend or Not?  (Read 1030 times)
sonuvabug
Scooter Grad Student

Thank You
-Given: 22
-Receive: 23

Email
« on: March 30, 2020, 04:30:26 PM »

... snipped ... However the ride is not as cushy as a Silverwing or a Burgman. 

Not sure if you mean cushy suspension or cushy seat for your tushy!  With my SWing, I find I slide up towards the front of the seat and do not find the SWing very comfy at all.  I've tried an Airhawk, beads, sheepskin and I just picked up a Corbin seat so that'll be next.  The Burgy 400 was much better seating wise.  Suspension wise ... well .. they do have smaller wheels.

... snipped ... As far as the chain goes I installed a Chameleon automatic chain oiler and just give the chain a good wipe occasionally if it looks too grungy.

OK ... I've yet to look into automatic oilers but that sounds like a possible solution.

... snipped ... The DCT does shift differently than a CVT, just feels different.  Mileage has been great, almost 70mpg.

Great mileage ... certainly better than I currently get with my SWing.  In the reviews it talks about the DCT's tranny hunting for the right gears in hilly/twisty roads.  They also say it shifts very quickly and shifts to higher gears quickly. Have you noticed this and has it caused you any problems?   

... snipped ... Hopefully they have installed the center stand and floorboards. If not both are highly recommended. Center stand for cleaning and maintaining the chain, floorboards for comfort.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I've read similar comments from others on-line and having had center stands with all of our previous scooters and floor boards with the Big Ruckus, I totally get it.

I appreciate all your feedback.

2016 Gray Suzuki Burgman 400 (herz) - 12,000 km.
2009 Wineberry Red Honda Silver Wing (hiz) - 7,500 km.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: