August 05, 2020, 05:54:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Club" Drama is Everywhere  (Read 795 times)
Spyderist
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '16 Can-am Spyder RT Limited SE-6, '08 Suzuki Burgman 400 w/Tow-Pac (better half's), '07 Honda Reflex Sport (also better half's)

Thank You
-Given: 10
-Receive: 43

« on: January 09, 2020, 04:53:44 PM »

Following is an excerpt from an email I received today from a local dealership that sells Kawasaki, SeaDoo, Can-am, Slingshot, Yamaha, Polaris, Honda, KTM, Spyder, Suzuki, Stihl, Bad Boy & Indian (separate entity @ same location).  Apparently there were issues with a previous dealer's sponsored club and they're trying to right a sunken ship.  I wasn't a member and don't intend to be one.  While their intentions are noble, they may be unrealistic.  I'll have a couple of comments at the end.

With a new year comes many exciting things. Hopes for good health, great friends, an amazing year of riding, prosperity as well as numerous other well wishes. Indian of Clarksville has finally had a chance to take a few steps back, catch our breath and regroup.

We are proud to announce that we will have a meeting on Saturday, January 25th at 12:00 noon to revisit the startup of our Indian dealership sponsored riders group (The local Chapter)! We have had numerous requests to start the local chapter back up and we are going to do it! It is NOT a requirement that you ride an Indian. All are welcome!

ALL BIKES ARE WELCOME

... (additional dates omitted) ...

We were made aware that the prior dealer sponsored club did not return any club dues as promised via their Facebook post by the ex-president of the club on June 30, 2019. The $20 that was paid to the prior dealer sponsored riders club will be made full by the dealership to the current dealer sponsored club as long as membership into the new club is approved. Please understand that the dealership holds all rights to deny any prior member from joining the new dealer sponsored rider’s group. The prior members that were deemed untrustworthy, dishonest or possessing bad attitudes with the intention of segregating the group will not be granted membership into the new dealer sponsored rider’s group.

So, it's an Indian sponsored riders group where all are welcome.  Their last paragraph gives a pretty clear assessment of how that worked out.  Having been in various groups over the years, I wish them well but my experience has been that far too many riders are uncontrollably "class conscious".  Maxi-Scoot(ers) seem to be unique in that regard.

Kudos to us !

Spyderist, formerly known as ZURG

If You Don't Ride, You Don't Know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4mU8ZqMZPU
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 77
-Receive: 268

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 06:04:16 PM »

I agree with you.  This forum is a very special one.  While we have had our share, albeit very few, of agitators, Maxi-Scoots has remained a very friendly and orderly place.  We all share our love of engine powered, two wheeled fun, and no one denigrates anyone else for their particular ride, likes or dislikes.  In essence, it’s just a polite group of people.  I’ve been a member since around 2004 or 2005 when PeggySuz got her first 650 Burgman.  Although my profile shows me to be a newer member than that, I had some issues with my username and password that had to be worked out.  In the end, I deleted my membership and just started over as Wingpilot.  In short, this is a good place to be.  And I would never be a part of a brand-name “club,” for all the reasons shown in your above post.  Thanks for posting that.

Greg
jdbrot
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Honda Reflex Sport ABS

Thank You
-Given: 28
-Receive: 169

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 06:34:24 PM »

+1
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 7
-Receive: 95

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 09:08:51 PM »

I would never join any 'club' whose standards were so low that they would allow me to join them.

I have my 'standards', after all.

(My apologies to Groucho for stealing his philosophy on this matter)
SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 397
-Receive: 199

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 06:51:38 AM »

Clubs= Send me your money so we can dictate to you when you ride & who you ride with. No thank you! Been there done that!

02 Gl 1800 GoldWing
89 Pacific Coast 800 
2012 Burgman 650 Burgman Trike
jdbrot
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Honda Reflex Sport ABS

Thank You
-Given: 28
-Receive: 169

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 03:59:01 PM »

I like the Easy Peasey Scooter Posse in Ohio's motto: No dues, no meetings, no crybabies. Yet they ride and have fun together pretty much like this forum. The best kind of group!
Yellow Jacket
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: 106, 12 scooters, BV250 & '90 Elite 250, sold, Kymco GTi 300 & Kymco Yager currently

Thank You
-Given: 23
-Receive: 32

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 07:10:43 PM »

I've been a member of Four Stroke Singles National Owners Club, FSSNOC, for more than 20 years. Good, laid back group. We call ourselves fizznocker's. You don't have to ride a single, just like them. Am also a AMA life member. That is a club that I think anyone who rides should be a member of.

Kymco GTi 300 and  Yager + 11 others in the past.
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 07:20:02 PM »

When we lived in Idaho, we belonged to the UMCI—United Motorcycle Club, International.  Our motto is “Ride beside me, be my friend.”  There were no dues, no agenda other than to ride (whatever you ride) share a meal, and just enjoy each others’ company.  It’s a great organization.
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2020, 06:48:35 AM »

Many may not be aware (or, understandingly, care), that I am one of four, charter, founding members of the notorious-but-harmless 'Dead Peckers Motorcycle Club', or: 'DPMC', based in Deadwood, South Dakota.

The DPMC should not be confused with the other local rival 'club', the TLDMC's (The Limp Dicks Motorcycle Club').

Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Kymco AK550 & '12 Piaggio X10 (sold). & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 157
-Receive: 199

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2020, 08:31:00 AM »

Many may not be aware (or, understandingly, care), that I am one of four, charter, founding members of the notorious-but-harmless 'Dead Peckers Motorcycle Club', or: 'DPMC', based in Deadwood, South Dakota.

The DPMC should not be confused with the other local rival 'club', the TLDMC's (The Limp Dicks Motorcycle Club').

What else could you call a club from Deadwood?

__
Don
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 09:30:08 AM »

Our official DPMC headquarters are at Deadwood's 'Mind Blown Hot Glass Studio at The Pump House' on Sherman St.

Brubaker
Scooter Freshman

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 1

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2020, 11:30:38 PM »

I'm part of a recently set up informal maxi scooter touring group here in York, England. There's only six of us and that's enough. The riding thing we can do anytime as we've got plenty of scenic roads here in North Yorkshire. We all have our favourites but our common interest in European touring, which is why we formed the group. We meet up in York for a couple of hours and then get on with the rest of our day.

We had Detroit Style pizza at one lads house on New Year’s Day and brought all our surplus European maps along for the others to pick through. They're still handy for route planning, and motorcycle specific ones list scenic routes, meeting places, and accommodation.

It's easy to keep in touch with the others by Messenger or text, a useful suggestion that came up as we were chowing down on that pizza was that we dug out all the various RAM Mount bits and pieces we no longer use and bring them along to our next meet.  

2018 Honda NSS 300A Forza in Crescent Blue, Givi SR1166 rear rack and Givi E55 top box. Givi D1166ST higher screen, Givi DF1166 handlebar wind deflectors, and a few Pirschjäger mods.
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 52
-Receive: 125

Email
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2020, 04:01:26 PM »

We had Detroit Style pizza 

I don't know what that is, but it wasn't pizza. There is only ONE pizza-New York!

Walk fast...look worried.
"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
 ̶B̶u̶r̶g̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶E̶x̶e̶c̶u̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶650
 ̶M̶a̶j̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶4̶0̶0̶ ̶X̶2̶
Honda Silverwing
Morphous 250
sonuvabug
Scooter Grad Student

Thank You
-Given: 21
-Receive: 20

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2020, 05:13:09 PM »

Here at home, we occasionally ride with the local Southern Cruisers Riding Club (SCRC270). SCRC is a world wide riding club association with no dues, and a few simple rules mostly based around participating in fun, safe groups rides and social events.

Occasionally we get a funny look and even the odd smirk from a new member who doesn't know us or are not familiar with maxi-scooters.  One ride along side us usually changes things pretty fast for the better. 

2016 Gray Suzuki Burgman 400 (herz) - 10,000 km.
2005 Titanium Honda Silver Wing (hiz) - 35,000 km. FOR SALE
2009 Wineberry Red Honda Silver Wing (hiz) - 5,000 km. (not yet plated)
Brubaker
Scooter Freshman

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 1

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2020, 09:45:47 PM »

We had Detroit Style pizza 

I don't know what that is, but it wasn't pizza. There is only ONE pizza-New York!

You've never had Detroit Style pizza!  I've just got off the phone to our man and scribbled a few notes. He says Detroit Style a deep dish combo of the best grilled cheese sandwich you've ever tasted with it's crispy edge and golden buttery under crust. Loads of tangy Pepperoni layered below a topping of cubed Cheddar, Mozzarella, and Monterey Jack cheeses that all melt slowly and just a couple red stripes of tomato sauce on top.

It was invented in the 1930's by Gus somebody or other in his Detroit bar and traditional baked in blue steel pans used to store parts in the heyday of the Detroit auto plants, and the cheese used was Wisconsin Block cheese which our man says isn't available over here. So he uses a three or four of a dozen alternatives.

It's served hot out of the pan cut into squares, and the corner slices are the ones to go for as you get twice as much of that cheesy frico edge. Our man also has his own Roccbox pizza oven says he prefers this style of pizza cooked in his domestic oven to any NY, Neapolitan, or any other style pizza or pie.

All I can say is it's delicious and better than any slice I've had anywhere. 😊

Yellow Jacket
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: 106, 12 scooters, BV250 & '90 Elite 250, sold, Kymco GTi 300 & Kymco Yager currently

Thank You
-Given: 23
-Receive: 32

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2020, 06:23:47 AM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Isn't that a bit like saying if she's not blond she's not a girl?
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT, 2009 Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 34
-Receive: 153

Saint Louis, MO 2020

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2020, 07:59:30 PM »

Bruce! Bruce! Bruce!

Chicago Pizza is awesome too.  I would give the Detroit pizza a try sounds like it would be good.  I had a three cheese pizza in Rome once it was horrible.

It's just not a vacation it's a fricking adventure.
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2020, 06:15:19 PM »

Some Chicago pizza is OK, but can't compare to NY Pizza. Pizza is Thin, not 3/4" (or more) thick. The last time I ordered a pizza in Illinois, they gave it to me in a bag, for crying out loud!
sonuvabug
Scooter Grad Student

Thank You
-Given: 21
-Receive: 20

Email
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2020, 06:16:06 PM »

Don't know if you guys are just a little behind the times or not.  But there is a place, actual a couple dozen places in our city that have the "WORLD'S BEST PIZZA".  Come on ... you know if the sign says it, it must be true.
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2020, 06:18:05 PM »

Canada and Pizza??? Surely you jest! Although you do have great steaks and BEER!
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2020, 07:04:46 PM »

Well, I don’t know about “Alaska style” pizza, but if you’re ever in Anchorage, you have to have pizza at The Moose’s Tooth” pizza.  It’s the best around and quite famous.  If you want to find a parking place, don’t go there during the lunch hour.  Best time is around 1:30 to 3:30.  Otherwise parking is interesting, and the wait for a table is long.  But worth it.  They have the best sourdough crust.
sailingskier
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '05 Honda Silver Wing, ABS

Thank You
-Given: 152
-Receive: 78

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2020, 08:40:27 PM »

Greg, there must be something about moose and their teeth ..... There is a bar in Halifax called the Toothy Moose.  Think we may have passed it in the way back to the ship in October.

As far as the best pizza .... try Antonia's Pizzeria in Freeport, Maine.  Almost worth the drive from Nova Scotia just for the pizza. In Brewer, Maine on a stop over on the way to Sunday River we were a pizza at a place near the bridge to Bangor.  They asked us if we wanted to substitute the Canadian Bacon for another bacon.  I asked what was wrong with Canadian Bacon. "Just not as good as real bacon" was the reply.  I said... but we are Canadian .... his reaction was like MasterCard ...priceless.

Papa John just opened near by home.  Good ...but not as good as a long drive would provide.  New York is a longer drive and not in the Sunday River direction.

Mike
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 72

Email
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2020, 01:44:41 AM »

PIZZA IS LIKE SEX.
When it's good, it's very very good.
And when it's bad...