December 02, 2020, 08:12:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I See, Said the Blind Man  (Read 462 times)
Spyderist
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '16 Can-am Spyder RT Limited SE-6, '08 Suzuki Burgman 400 w/Tow-Pac (better half's), '07 Honda Reflex Sport (also better half's)

Thank You
-Given: 10
-Receive: 43

« on: January 09, 2020, 05:10:11 PM »

The effectiveness of the enhanced color perception was greatest at first, but like you say, that gradually diminishes as the brain gets used to it.  The whites are still very white and the colors all ďpopĒ but itís not so startling now.  Iím done with the drops in the left eye, and still have one week left to go for the right eye.  Your mention of the floaters was interesting because I noticed them at first, too, but now I donít see them.

The downside of this is that I will still need glasses, but for reading.  Unfortunately, Iíll end up just wearing glasses anyway because itís a real inconvenience to have to carry glasses around just for reading.  And I need them for driving, anyway, otherwise the instruments would be blurry.  Such is life, and Iím really enjoying the clear, sharp distance vision, from about 3 feet out.

I struggled trying to keep up with "readers" for the month I had to wait after surgery before I could get fitted for "real" glasses.  It only took me a couple days to decide that I would not deal well with that.  I've worn glasses for years and did not see that as being anywhere near as problematic as keeping track of readers.  My vision was 20/20 in both eyes after a week, and I can easily read the dashboards in our cars, but I do need help for reading.  I did get a pair of +1.25 readers that I KEEP at the PC, just to avoid the slight head tilt needed for the best focus with my progressive lens.

And here's a thought that somewhat relates to your service as a trooper ... my DL still shows I need corrective lenses.  And though I now have glasses I can wear all the time, I really don't need them for driving.  States vary so your info on this may not be germane in Ky, but it'll be interesting to see what, if any, difference it'll make when I renew later this year.  I was thinking that perhaps I could just retake the eye test (not required for oldsters here).  I sent our DMV an inquiry about this and the response just said "call us".  Naw, I'll wait until it's time ... and may just let it ride even then.

Spyderist, formerly known as ZURG

If You Don't Ride, You Don't Know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4mU8ZqMZPU
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: