December 02, 2020, 09:09:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I See, Said the Blind Man  (Read 464 times)
Spyderist
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '16 Can-am Spyder RT Limited SE-6, '08 Suzuki Burgman 400 w/Tow-Pac (better half's), '07 Honda Reflex Sport (also better half's)

Thank You
-Given: 10
-Receive: 43

« on: December 31, 2019, 05:31:00 PM »

Had mine done on 11/5 and 11/12, but had "no drop" surgery.  During the procedure the doc injects antibacterial/steroid meds into the eye itself, mitigating the need for the drop regimen (which is to promote healing and prevent infection).

This procedure is used ubiquitously in Europe and has been becoming more common in the states over the past few years.  It's fairly common in our our area.  The only downside I'm aware of (and experienced) is "floaters".  Generally, one can expect them to be gone in a week.  All but one of mine were gone by the end of the second day.  That last one was in my peripheral vision and was gone before the week was up.

As you say, everything was much brighter immediately after the surgeries, and I'm still aware of that occasionally ... but as your brain gets used to the "improved signal" from your eyes, your perception of that new brightness diminishes.

Spyderist, formerly known as ZURG

If You Don't Ride, You Don't Know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4mU8ZqMZPU
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: