December 12, 2019, 11:46:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tent Cabins.  (Read 140 times)
SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 394
-Receive: 199

Email
« on: November 28, 2019, 02:42:10 AM »

Last weekend I went out to the campground & checked on the camper, Walk around the grounds & get my falls fix as there's a small dam/waterfall that runs through the campground.

Our camper sits on a side road off the beaten path & is across from the river where there is a few tent sites.

As I was walking through the campground I ran into the owner who was making some fire rings. We got to chatting & he shared with me that their thinking of putting a "Tent Cabin" on one of the tent sites. Said he saw them on the internet & thought it may be a draw as no one has them in the campgrounds around here.

Sort of brought back some memories of the "tent cabins" we were so looking forward to staying in @ the first Maxi Scoot Rally in Pennsylvania. Got a shed instead!

Gonna be interesting to see what happens! 

02 Gl 1800 GoldWing
89 Pacific Coast 800 
2012 Burgman 650 Burgman Trike
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 65
-Receive: 258

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 07:49:57 AM »

Wasnít the first Maxi Scoot rally held in Virginia, MN?  Or was there more than one rally in PA?

Greg
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 359
-Receive: 843

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 02:49:12 PM »

Lou, that was so strange :-)  That campground was strange but nice people running the place.   The setting along the river was gorgeous.

I think the rally in Minnesota were called the Iron Range RallY.  Indeed they were a precursor to the one in PA. 

The history behind the rally in PA was that Norm, Dan, Pete, Stu, Phil and I had talked about getting together somewhere in the middle of us all the ride.   Then as we discussed it we thought not invite everyone.

We decided each year should be some place differing. 

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
sonuvabug
Scooter Senior

Thank You
-Given: 14
-Receive: 10

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 05:05:40 PM »

Lou, the "tent cabins" you mention are commonly referred to as yurts here in the True North.  Many of our Provincial Parks have them available for rent ... even those that offer winter camping (yup, a few of our parks stay open all year round for the diehard campers).  I believe the yurt concept originated in Siberia many years ago and eventually jumped the pond.

I've been inside one here in Ontario and they are spacious, spartan yet quite functional.  Many of our Parks build decks out front which have a BBQ grill for the renters to use. They are actually pretty cool.  

Below is a link to illustrate what the ones we have up here in our Provincial Parks are like.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=yurts&rlz=1C1GGRV_enCA751CA751&oq=yurt&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0l4.951j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2016 Gray Suzuki Burgman 400 (herz) - 10,000 km.
2005 Titanium Honda Silver Wing (hiz) - 32,000 km.
2009 Wineberry Red Honda Silver Wing (hiz) - 5,000 km. (not yet plated)
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 65
-Receive: 258

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 06:00:56 PM »

Lou, that was so strange :-)  That campground was strange but nice people running the place.   The setting along the river was gorgeous.

I think the rally in Minnesota were called the Iron Range RallY.  Indeed they were a precursor to the one in PA.  

The history behind the rally in PA was that Norm, Dan, Pete, Stu, Phil and I had talked about getting together somewhere in the middle of us all the ride.   Then as we discussed it we thought not invite everyone.

We decided each year should be some place differing.  

Peggy and I and her dad attended that first rally in Minnesota.  It was a lot of fun, but I remember that the weather didnít want to cooperate.  The day we arrived at the motel in Virginia, it was raining cats and dogs.  We regretted not being able to attend any other rallies, as they were just too far away.  Minnesota was about our limit for long distance riding.  We had the time, but it was just too costly to go any farther, unfortunately.  PeggySuz is originally from PA, and she would have loved to go back there again.  We may still do that sometime during the fall colors time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: