December 12, 2019, 10:56:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Good are Your Riding Skills?  (Read 248 times)
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 65
-Receive: 258

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« on: November 22, 2019, 08:27:12 PM »

Check this out and see how you all measure up. Actually, I’d call it insanity, but that’s just me.

https://www.facebook.com/AajeedhOfficial/videos/amazing-motorbike-skill-in-dangerous-place/536017660463271/

Greg
sailingskier
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '05 Honda Silver Wing, ABS

Thank You
-Given: 130
-Receive: 75

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 11:39:24 PM »

Greg, whatever skills I have will NEVER be tested like this.  They all have a death wish ... I say this because they are not wearing helmets. 

Mike
jdbrot
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Honda Reflex Sport ABS

Thank You
-Given: 21
-Receive: 144

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 01:15:46 AM »

Those girls have skills and at that height the helmet won't make any difference if they fall. Probably no close medical care either.
Skutorr
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2009 Tmax 500, 2009 Majesty 400, 2007 Aprilia Mojito 150

Thank You
-Given: 5
-Receive: 44

2009 Tmax500 with OODLES of UPGRADES!

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 04:16:14 AM »

That's BULLSHIT!

2009 Tmax500 - Faster Yellow!
(Dr. Pulleys, HH sintered pads, Pilot Road 4 tires, GIVI AirFlo, shorty brake levers, Euro winkers, shortened OEM mirrors, custom tail tidy, MIVV exhaust, River Road luggage system, backrest extensions, adjustable LEXAN storage divider, LED storage light, power outlet)
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT, 2009 Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 33
-Receive: 123

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 04:43:00 AM »

I am totally speechless watching that video.

After some thought “The Turn” in Virginia pales in comparison. 

It's just not a vacation it's a fricking adventure.
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Kymco AK550 & '12 Piaggio X10 (sold). & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 142
-Receive: 179

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 06:15:15 AM »

I saw this a few days ago and I'm still amazed. By US standards we do some crazy doo-doo over here cutting through traffic but it pales compared to this.

__
Don
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 359
-Receive: 843

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2019, 04:21:04 PM »

No thanks....

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2019, 05:14:30 PM »

Obviously people in other parts of the world have a different outlook on the safety aspect.  One slip or misjudgment and the ride could become very exciting!!
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2019, 05:15:06 PM »

Greg, whatever skills I have will NEVER be tested like this.  They all have a death wish ... I say this because they are not wearing helmets. 

Mike

Heh, heh.
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2019, 07:07:36 PM »

:
No thanks....

Maggie,  here I was thinking a future destination for a Rally how disappointing.
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Kymco AK550 & '12 Piaggio X10 (sold). & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 142
-Receive: 179

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2019, 06:29:15 AM »

:
No thanks....

Maggie,  here I was thinking a future destination for a Rally how disappointing.

Yup, I can just see you wrastling that GW around that turn.
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2019, 07:31:53 AM »

“Maggie,  here I was thinking a future destination for a Rally how disappointing.”

Well, while we’re at it, all you adventurous types, why not have a rally up here.  Now that would be the mother of all rallies.  Ride the Alaska Hwy, go for a whale watching tour out of Seward, ride north and see Denali, ride to the end of the Homer Spit and spend a night at the Land’s End Resort and have a drink at the world famous Salty Dawg Inn.  Ride to Valdez to see the Alyeska Pipeline terminus and charter a boat to go salmon fishing or see Columbia Glacier.  I mean, think about it, and the whole trip and rally would only take 6 weeks!!  Besides, I could get to be your tour guide.

CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2019, 08:03:56 AM »

:
No thanks....

Yup, I can just see you wrastling that GW around that turn.

Don,  you and me both.  I have a hard time with gravel, dirt and slight inclines.  Hopefully I will get more adept.  I have 4,300 miles on the OD so far.  But in hindsight the new GW is 85 lbs lighter then the previous generation.  Of course it is 300 lbs heavier than my SilverWing was.
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2019, 08:05:44 AM »

Greg,  Bob would jump on that idea of yours in a heartbeat.  The problem is the six weeks.  One day maybe.  On the bucket list.
sailingskier
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2019, 02:12:30 PM »

Obviously people in other parts of the world have a different outlook on the safety aspect.  One slip or misjudgment and the ride could become very exciting!!

Yup,,,, exciting, then devastating, but if nothing else ... it would be the ride to end all rides.  

Mike
sailingskier
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2019, 02:17:43 PM »

“Maggie,  here I was thinking a future destination for a Rally how disappointing.”

Well, while we’re at it, all you adventurous types, why not have a rally up here.  Now that would be the mother of all rallies.  Ride the Alaska Hwy, go for a whale watching tour out of Seward, ride north and see Denali, ride to the end of the Homer Spit and spend a night at the Land’s End Resort and have a drink at the world famous Salty Dawg Inn.  Ride to Valdez to see the Alyeska Pipeline terminus and charter a boat to go salmon fishing or see Columbia Glacier.  I mean, think about it, and the whole trip and rally would only take 6 weeks!!  Besides, I could get to be your tour guide.

Sounds like that would be a fun time Greg. Add two or three weeks to the plan for the trip from NS.  Great wildlife shots !  

Mike
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2019, 07:29:05 PM »

“Maggie,  here I was thinking a future destination for a Rally how disappointing.”

Well, while we’re at it, all you adventurous types, why not have a rally up here.  Now that would be the mother of all rallies.  Ride the Alaska Hwy, go for a whale watching tour out of Seward, ride north and see Denali, ride to the end of the Homer Spit and spend a night at the Land’s End Resort and have a drink at the world famous Salty Dawg Inn.  Ride to Valdez to see the Alyeska Pipeline terminus and charter a boat to go salmon fishing or see Columbia Glacier.  I mean, think about it, and the whole trip and rally would only take 6 weeks!!  Besides, I could get to be your tour guide.

Sounds like that would be a fun time Greg. Add two or three weeks to the plan for the trip from NS.  Great wildlife shots ! 

Mike

That would, indeed, be a much longer ride from the east coast.  But a fun one.
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2019, 07:40:03 PM »

If anyone were to be so inclined, riding the Alaska Hwy really isn’t a challenge anymore.  It’s paved all the way, and for the most part is in great condition, save for a few spots that have to be repaired due to frost heaving damaging the road surface.  It’s just a long ride/drive.  Of course the classic way is to start out at Dawson Creek, BC, Canada at the milepost 0 spot.  I recommend that, just for the experience.  The other choice is to do Hwy 37, the Cassiar Hwy, that starts at Kitwanga, BC, on Hwy 16, the Yellowknife Hwy, and runs north for 400 miles to intersect with the Alaska Hwy about 12 miles west of Watson Lake.  It’s beautiful, has lots of wildlife, and it’s just a fun road to ride.  On the Alcan, itself, you are likely to encounter bison, bears, moose, caribou and sheep along the way.  I’ve seen scooters on that road, so it can be done without any problem.

Again, though, time is an issue for many, so unless one has a lot of time on their hands to do something like this, it becomes a pipe dream, unfortunately.  I’d say that to see Alaska, the best bet is to fly here and rent a car or SUV, with the SUV being the better choice.  But I once did the Alaska Hwy with a friend, in his pickup in 2 1/2 days from Seattle.  I also drove it with Peggy’s dad in his Mercury Cougar in 3 days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: