November 18, 2019, 09:29:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Herd thinning progress  (Read 211 times)
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 52
-Receive: 110

Email
« on: November 08, 2019, 03:39:55 PM »

Earlier this spring, I was made aware by Mrs.Mini, that the time had come to thin the herd residing in the garage. At that time I had an '06 Majesty(red), a silver '07 Majesty, a '06 Morphous, a 1500 Goldwing Aspencade, a '06 Burgman 650 Executive, and a complete (minus all body plastics) '07 Majesty. It took awhile, but I finally had to agree. I've owned the Goldwing for many,many years, the red Majesty for about 8 years, the Burgman for about five or six, the Morphous for four years, The parts Majesty (w/good title) for three or four, and the silver Majesty was bought almost two years ago with a broken motor- but only 5k miles. I went to work and used the engine out of the parts Majesty (I had started to swap it into the Morphous) and installed it in the silver one. The engine had less than 10k miles on it, and I've been driving it since April. It will be on it's way to Florida, where it will stay at our winter home, for use there. I was able to sell the Red Majesty, with 35k+miles, for a good price. I've just completed a deal to sell the Burgman. You can read about the Goldwing in my insurance thread, but it will be finished and sold in spring. I have plans for a custom built engine for the parts Majesty, then then either build or buy a body for it-it will be a long term project. I'm currently on the lookout for a good running Majesty wreck (or engine) to finally do the 400 swap into the Morphous that I had started then had to put back together. Fortunately for me, The parts bike and the Morphous  are now (temporarily) residing comfortably in the garden shed so only the Goldwing is in the garage. Mama is happy- at least for now. We all know that if mama isn't happy, nobody is happy!

Walk fast...look worried.
"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
Burgman Executive 650
Majesty 400 x2
Morphous 250
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 356
-Receive: 837

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 04:49:21 PM »

Nice job making room for new bikes :-)

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
redeye
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 138
-Receive: 192

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 04:51:22 PM »

We all know that if mama isn't happy, nobody is happy!

That's for sure! However, looks like you're following a well thought out plan for thinning and redeploying the herd.

Years of bad habits often masquerade as 'experience'
SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 394
-Receive: 199

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 06:53:13 AM »

Sometimes one comes to that point in life where ya have to much "Stuff" I parted with my 650 Burgman a couple years ago & am satisfied with what I have left & have no plan's for adding anymore. If I ever need another, There's plenty out there yet. One less animal grazing in the garage (as Brian puts it)

Sounds like you have a sound plan Bruce! You've found what you like & are sticking to it.

02 Gl 1800 GoldWing
89 Pacific Coast 800 
2012 Burgman 650 Burgman Trike
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 65
-Receive: 258

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 07:19:51 AM »

I agree.  There are times we come to the realization that we’ve accumulated just too much “stuff.”  Time to, as you say, thin the herd.  Sometimes it’s hard to let go, but when it’s gone, there’s a sense of relief.  If it were me, I’d keep the Burgman Exec, but I’m a big guy and the smaller scoots just aren’t big enough.  The Burgman fits me just fine.  Have fun with the rebuild on both the Wing and the Majesty re-do.

Greg
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 64

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 06:21:06 PM »

You're not planning on riding that Morphous-dite to Arkansas next year, are you?
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 93

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 12:26:17 AM »

You're not planning on riding that Morphous-dite to Arkansas next year, are you?

Is Arkansas where the Maxi-scoots get-together is being held next year? I'm kinda 'out of the loop' on this stuff these days.

DUH! Never mind, I see the thread on it now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: