December 06, 2020, 12:16:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And TMax Makes Three  (Read 6491 times)
redeye
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 144
-Receive: 205

« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2020, 01:19:38 AM »

The last few weeks have included much less riding than I had expected. The happy explanation is several family members and guests enjoyed extended visits to the cabin recently. However, in the last week or two, the place has emptied quite a bit. Notably, our daughter Alison spent two weeks with us in Georgia before returning to Alaska. After on-line instruction since mid-March interrupted only by 10 days on campus earlier in the summer, our youngest daughter Olivia received orders to an ocean-going merchant vessel for summer training and is now on board.

After clearing some dust off the FZ-09 earlier today, I rode towards Blairsville but followed a section of 'old Route 76' rather than the four-lane. This is a more interesting ride, but other vehicles more frequently enter, exit, and cross the roadway. Upon reaching Blairsville, Route 129 took me to Murphy, North Carolina as it has many times before.

On this journey, I decided to spend some time downtown rather than on the bypass road. Murphy is the westernmost city in North Carolina, less than a half hour ride from either the Georgia or Tennessee state lines. Parking on the main road through Murphy, I initially focused attention on the FZ-09.

Looking northeast, the 1st United Methodist Church's property fronts a curve in the road, from a distance almost giving the appearance of being in the road.

Now turning southwest towards the square, buildings, traffic, landscape, sky, and a last moment idea to include just the top of my FZ-09 combined to provide an interesting image.

Less than a mile in the direction of the previous photo, a bridge crosses the Hiwassee River and, on the far side, an interesting opportunity for more photos came into view. On a stunning day, the river was beautiful, and spending time there was a pleasure. And what could the small slab of concrete at the lower left be?

The small slab of concrete is actually a large slab, a public boat ramp into the river. Looks like a fine place for a future kayaking expedition to begin or end.

Today's ride wasn't a long one, but a very pleasant one. In addition to the boat ramp, I found a few places to hopefully revisit soon.

Years of bad habits often masquerade as 'experience'
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: