February 19, 2020, 04:16:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lodging  (Read 527 times)
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 360
-Receive: 847

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« on: September 26, 2019, 07:14:17 PM »

Len is figuring out the campground situation and will report as soon as he has a chance to figure out what's what.

I have three places, I like but want opinions.  I will post those in a bit and let's hash it out together.

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 67

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 03:21:10 AM »

Lou will probably be happy there's a Super 8 in Harrison. 
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 52
-Receive: 117

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 03:48:55 PM »

Lou will probably be happy there's a  ̶S̶u̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶8̶   not so Super 8 in Harrison. 

Fixed it for you!

Walk fast...look worried.
"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
Burgman Executive 650
Majesty 400 x2
Morphous 250
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 10:39:57 PM »

These are the hotel/motels up for consideration.

These are all like 2.5-4 miles from the campground Len is looking at staying.

Hotel Seville: Boutique Hotel  90ish a night

The full service historic lodging accommodations of the 1929 Hotel Seville places you in the heart of Harrison, just a few miles from the scenic Buffalo River. Guests enjoy a gracious experience in fully renovated guest rooms and baths, offering Wi-Fi and flat screen TV's. Buffet breakfast is included in your stay; including biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs & sausage, cereal, muffins, yogurts and fruits.

Big parking lot and has a hang out space inside.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60749-d4154917-Reviews-Hotel_Seville-Harrison_Arkansas.html

Family Budget Inn Harrison  55ish a night The reviews are good and bad.   This one is definitely an older motel.   Lots of parking and hanging out door spots.

Completely Renovated in 2016, Family Budget Inn is located in Harrison, AR - heart of Orazks, which is located near the Buffalo River. You also get the easy access to HWY 65, HWY 62 and HWY 412 from Family Budget Inn.At Family Budget Inn, Our friendly staff is ready to welcome you and make your stay comfortable. Family Budget Inn offers affordable room rates and provides wide variety of amenities to make your stay in the heart of the Ozarks unique, pleasant and enjoyable. Our amenities include Free High Speed Wireless Internet, Free Continental Breakfast, Guest Laundry, Huge Outdoor Swimming pool, Free Local Calls, Microwave, Fridge and Flat Screen TV in your room and the list goes on... We also offers AARp, AAA, Business and Senior Discounts.

Holiday Inn Express Harrison $100ish a night  Not much to say it's a Holiday Inn. There's lots of parking.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60749-d76078-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Express_Harrison-Harrison_Arkansas.html

After these there are other choices, all about the same, Days Inn, Not So Super 8, etc etc.. $60 and up.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g60749-Harrison_Arkansas-Hotels.html

Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 10:41:22 PM »

It might surprise you all but I like the Family Budget.  One it was renovated in 2016.   The parking lot and hanging out look to be a good fit.  In theory we really just need a place to sleep and hang.   Breakfast is not a big hotel breakfast but continental.  

It's not about the cost as much as it looks like a good place for us to hang.  It's close to town and many restaurants, etc.

It's for sure an older motel setting.

So thoughts??
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 01:32:36 AM »

A heads up Cathy and I were talking and if you punch in dates at Family Budget they show sold out that week... they are not.  They guy said if we decided to use his place to let him know and we will set up a better rate right through him.

We wouldn't start booking anywhere, IMHO until Januaryish 2020.

So let's hear opinions.   I do like when we stay together so let's keep that in mind.
klaviator
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: Yamaha Majesty, Kymco Like 150i, Kawasaki Versys 650,

Thank You
-Given: 82
-Receive: 73

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 05:39:58 PM »

A lot of time the budget motels where you can park right in front of your door are better places to hang out than the more expensive hotels.  As long as it's not a dump I would prefer less expensive.  It's nice when the motel has chairs out in front of the rooms.  We had that in Maggie Valley last month and it worked out great.

I ride, therefore I am
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 52
-Receive: 117

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2019, 05:51:30 PM »

Works for me.....
sonuvabug
Scooter Senior

Thank You
-Given: 14
-Receive: 10

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 07:42:39 PM »

For us CAMPERS and RV'ers.  I've googled and researched all of the Campgrounds in and around Harrison AR and the Harrison Village Campground and RV Park consistently comes out at or near the top.  They seem to check all of the boxes and get consistently high customer ratings on all of the major sites.

https://www.harrisonvillagervpark.net/

They are the closest campground facility to Harrison (where many of our group will be h/moteling) and they offer everything from primitive tent camping (about $15/night) through to 50 amp full hookup (for $38.50 night) ... and everything in between.  

I personally talked with Bill, one of the campground owners (Vicki, his wife is the other owner).  He was very nice, answered all of my questions and said they are known as a "rider's park".  They are both riders too ... Bill rides a BMW GS1200 (just sold his Burgy 650) and Vicki rides a Honda Silver Wing.  FYI - the campground roads are hard packed gravel.  

I like the fact they have strong WiFi and cellphone coverage throughout their park and they have a swimming pool which WILL be open when we are there.  He said the temps will still be pretty high the week following Labor Day so having a pool was high on my list.  They also have a pavilion for group get-togethers ... just in case that happens to factor into our Rally plans somehow.  

That's all I have for now.  I'll post up again when I have further information to share.  

2016 Gray Suzuki Burgman 400 (herz) - 10,000 km.
2005 Titanium Honda Silver Wing (hiz) - 32,000 km.
2009 Wineberry Red Honda Silver Wing (hiz) - 5,000 km. (not yet plated)
Carol
RCR
Scooter Grad Student

Bikes Owned: 07 Silverwing, 15 Tmax

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 11

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 12:00:16 AM »

I've stayed at Holiday Inn - OK,  very small pool,  no gathering place.
Quality Inn. OK pool,  good pool deck with lots of chairs for gathering.  Right in the middle of town.
Days inn - on the edge of town,  a little quieter,  comfy beds,  small pool,  but lots of chairs.  Big parking lot for gathering.

Hotel Seville always looks interesting.  Haven't stayed there. Might have to do some recon work for you
SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 395
-Receive: 199

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2019, 08:26:28 PM »

Since there's not a Not So Super 8 Family Budget looks like it could be a good fit.

02 Gl 1800 GoldWing
89 Pacific Coast 800 
2012 Burgman 650 Burgman Trike
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2020, 01:45:24 AM »

Cathy is going to the Motorcycle Show in Chicago in a couple of weeks.   There is going to be a Harrison, Arkansas booth. 

We will wait and decide a hotel at that time. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: