January 21, 2020, 01:55:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friday 9/11/20 - Ride Pig Trail, Toothpick of the Dragon & Arkansas Dragon  (Read 90 times)
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 360
-Receive: 846

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« on: October 02, 2019, 09:15:55 PM »

https://goo.gl/maps/MGHPNWX38UReX4gA6

I will provide a GPX file for GPS units closer into to the rally.  I tend to tweak these a bit at times.

Leave time 9am, location TBD

Pig Trail, Dragon’s Toothpick & The Arkansas Dragon - They all have silly names but I call them a gutful of twisties!

Not to mention 103 after lunch…..freaking amazing,  1,000 foot elevation change with no guard rails :-) Makes Alabama 33 look like child's  play.   We’ve rode up 103 twice but never down :-)  Looking forward to the challenge.

Stop- Ponca Valley Gas Station (I know it seems odd stopping so soon into the ride but after this gas station there is no other place to stop for 1 ˝ hours until Turners Bend.  Seeing this is right after breakfast a bathroom break might be needed.)
Stop for Scenic Overlook on Pig Trail
Stop- Turners Bend Neat little stop for a Pig Trail Souvenir. (might be gas here)
Stop - Lunch at Oark Cafe (might be gas here)
Stop - Gas in Lamar (gas here for sure, if you didn’t get gas, get it NOW we won’t see a gas station for a long time. You can easily make it back to Harrison with gas from here.)
Regroup Stop at 123/7  As you approach 7 there is a post office on the right.  Pull in. Across the street is a general store, no idea if they have a bathroom or not.

Why do I say might be gas here? We’ve been to these two places and they have pumps but not always gas. It can be hit or miss if their tanks are full. Also I’m leery of places like this for gas…

This is all about riding riding riding!  

* Screenshot (37).png (254.76 KB, 770x798 - viewed 12 times.)

* Screenshot (40)_LI.jpg (1522.67 KB, 714x870 - viewed 16 times.)

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: