November 18, 2019, 09:29:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Early Bird Tuesday 9/8/20 - Ride  (Read 89 times)
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 356
-Receive: 837

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« on: September 28, 2019, 02:16:50 PM »

Early Bird Tuesday Ride 8/8/2020

Short ride for early arrivals.

Leave: 9am  
Place to leave from to be determined once we decide where we will stay.

https://goo.gl/maps/G2fKUo2FCQHd7djA7

Planned Stops:  
1.  Stretch (Gas Available if needed)  Buffalo Gas Station (Pick up snack water for next stop)

1A.  If there are buffalo or elk herds along the Buffalo River I will stop at a pull out.  This is totally hit or miss.

2.  Alum Cove Natural Bridge - There are restroom facilities.

.4 of a mostly flat easy trail to the bridge.   There is a 1.1 loop trail, we will not be doing that as a group.  If you wish to do it, just let me know. Super easy to get back to Harrison or catch up with us in Jasper.

The trail leads down to one of the largest natural bridges in this part of the country. It is in a beautiful little valley enclosed by a rugged bluff line. The natural bridge is carved from solid rock by a small creek and spans over 130 feet.  If you decide to do the loop there are caves, another bridge and waterfalls on the backside.

3. Stop at the Grand Canyon of Arkansas.  Photo Op.  Please note mixed gravel paved lot. Itís quite lovely, I think Iíve seen it about 10 times and never tire.  For the record this will be a stop on another ride.

4. Jasper for lunch at the Ozark Cafe (one of the best patty melt burgers Iíve ever had and Pete loves their chicken fried steak)

Back to lodging to greet Tuesday arriving folks!

* Screenshot (30).png (127.09 KB, 440x711 - viewed 10 times.)

* AlumCoveA.jpg (99.36 KB, 534x401 - viewed 64 times.)

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
JimAtkinson
Scooter Freshman

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 04:40:13 PM »

Hi Maggie;

Last September I took a few folks up to see the Alum Cove natural bridges.  word of caution, the 327 from 16 is rougher than a cob so be careful avoiding the pit's and then the hike down to the natural bridges is best done with a walking stick and good ankle protection it's a short but a little rough trail maybe a half mile of hiking.  not for fragile old folks.  We then tripped over to see Sam's throne on 123 again lots of hiking on road rock gravel paths.  same advice.
LOL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: