January 29, 2020, 07:45:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lodging - Final Decision (1/2020)  (Read 171 times)
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 360
-Receive: 846

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« on: January 24, 2020, 08:53:10 PM »

After some research by Cathy and myself we decided to go with the Days Inn.  She and I after talking with the owner/manager of the other place were not getting a good vibe.

870-391-3297 Cathy called and the best rate you will get is via this number.

The Days Inn is on the main 62 drag... close to lots of things.  Not that Harrison is that big anyways. Lots of parking lot space as well as a pool area to hang out in.

There are other hotels nearby if you wish to move up or down in accommodations.   Personally I would prefer the Holiday Inn but I'm going to bite the bullet so we can all stay together.  We've always had good luck with Days Inn in smaller town such as Harrison.

Pete and I plan to arrive on Monday night and leave on Sunday.  We are going to make the trip a two day riding trip from St. Louis.  

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/days-inn/harrison-arkansas/days-inn-harrison/overview?iata=00093763&cid=PS:DI:20160201:GGL:TM:DIUS:Exact_Harrison_04766:EN_US&tel=8552242016&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyKrxBRDHARIsAKCzn8wofc96Df38Z8wFwO7nXC20npIkVMNF-OEE2VaFLYWk4CypkAWmRFEaAn69EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 08:53:48 PM »

COPIED OVER FROM ORIGINAL THREAD. THIS IS LEN'S POST RE CAMPING

For us CAMPERS and RV'ers.  I've googled and researched all of the Campgrounds in and around Harrison AR and the Harrison Village Campground and RV Park consistently comes out at or near the top.  They seem to check all of the boxes and get consistently high customer ratings on all of the major sites.

https://www.harrisonvillagervpark.net/

They are the closest campground facility to Harrison (where many of our group will be h/moteling) and they offer everything from primitive tent camping (about $15/night) through to 50 amp full hookup (for $38.50 night) ... and everything in between.  

I personally talked with Bill, one of the campground owners (Vicki, his wife is the other owner).  He was very nice, answered all of my questions and said they are known as a "rider's park".  They are both riders too ... Bill rides a BMW GS1200 (just sold his Burgy 650) and Vicki rides a Honda Silver Wing.  FYI - the campground roads are hard packed gravel.  

I like the fact they have strong WiFi and cellphone coverage throughout their park and they have a swimming pool which WILL be open when we are there.  He said the temps will still be pretty high the week following Labor Day so having a pool was high on my list.  They also have a pavilion for group get-togethers ... just in case that happens to factor into our Rally plans somehow.  

That's all I have for now.  I'll post up again when I have further information to share.  
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT, 2009 Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 33
-Receive: 130

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 01:40:21 AM »

As Maggie said the best rate you can negotiate is listed in her post.  I spoke to Zack/Manager the other manager is Ravin.  Zack has worked with scooter groups in the past he seemed very nice on the phone.
I told him we were with Maxi-Scoots. 

Zack said to call directly. 1-870-391-3297  If you are a AAA member that is better than AARP.  I am a Wyndham Rewards Member it is free to join.  The cancellation policy is 4 PM the day of arrival.  He will work with you.  I reserved a King Business Suite Monday, Sept. 7th leaving Sunday the 13th.  I believe they just reserve your reservation with your credit card.  They don’t charge it. 

Having made this reservation in anticipation of our Rally sure helped my winter blues. .

It's just not a vacation it's a fricking adventure.
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 03:46:51 PM »

Made ours Friday as well!  We are looking forward to seeing everyone this year!  The rates are basically the same as the other place but the Days Inn is probably a 1/2 step up.
Spyderist
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '16 Can-am Spyder RT Limited SE-6, '08 Suzuki Burgman 400 w/Tow-Pac (better half's), '07 Honda Reflex Sport (also better half's)

Thank You
-Given: 10
-Receive: 43

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 04:40:13 PM »

Can't believe no one mentioned the Walmart is right down the street and, more importantly, you can walk next door, get a donut, and buy a Yamaha.

Spyderist, formerly known as ZURG

If You Don't Ride, You Don't Know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4mU8ZqMZPU
Spyderist
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '16 Can-am Spyder RT Limited SE-6, '08 Suzuki Burgman 400 w/Tow-Pac (better half's), '07 Honda Reflex Sport (also better half's)

Thank You
-Given: 10
-Receive: 43

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 06:26:11 PM »

Spoke to Ravin (Rah-veen, means "sun" - yep, I looked it up).  He was very nice.  Asked if I knew the name of anyone else who'd made reservation and I gave him Maggie's.  Apparently that made it simpler for him as he just copied her reservation dates over ... I know this because he never asked for our check out date, and I eventually asked.  So if you're not going to be there 9/7-9/13, make sure you tell them the dates you need.

In the course of our conversation (when I asked his name) he mentioned that he and Zack are both handling our reservations, so if you get someone different who draws a blank, you may want to ask if one of them is around.

Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 08:11:09 PM »

Can't believe no one mentioned the Walmart is right down the street and, more importantly, you can walk next door, get a donut, and buy a Yamaha.

Chinese buffet in shared parking lot and a tattoo parlor across the street!  Quite a few Italian/pizza restaurants near by as well as Asian food.  There's a Sonic too.  I like Sonic burgers :-) Liquor stores are close by as well. 
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 66

Email
« Reply #7 on: Today at 06:30:54 AM »

Did someone say Chinese Buffet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLkTuWdKrqY
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 52
-Receive: 115

Email
« Reply #8 on: Today at 03:57:35 PM »

Chinese buffet in shared parking lot and a tattoo parlor across the street!  Quite a few Italian/pizza restaurants near by as well as Asian food.  There's a Sonic too.  I like Sonic burgers :-) Liquor stores are close by as well.  
While I'm not big on tats and donuts, I do like liquor stores and, my favorite dish, Food!

Walk fast...look worried.
"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
Burgman Executive 650
Majesty 400 x2
Morphous 250
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: Today at 05:26:58 PM »

I love John Pinette...died much too young.  

I had a friend go to a Chinese buffet and a little old Chinese lady came running out of the kitchen after his third trip up screaming, fat man you done you leave.  LOL... he was mortified and left.  I would have dumped my food on the floor and gone back again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: