December 10, 2019, 11:09:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roll Call  (Read 2045 times)
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 94

Email
« on: November 12, 2019, 07:50:23 AM »

I'm a 'possible attendee' for '20, I'd very much enjoy FINALLY meeting some of the members here.

Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaattttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-)     (then you can help me convince everyone that Black Hills 2021 would be a suitable rally place.)

Well, it's a bit west of central in location...east to west, so that's good....I think...though it's a tich to the northern end of things, but I mean that in a good way....for me anyway.

Plenty of camping space, and plenty of hotel accommodations....unless it's near rally time, that is, but even then you can find a room if you're persistent in your search, just bring a saddlebag full of money and it's unlikely that you'll have to sleep on a picnic table in a the city park...but that's not allowed anyway, so never mind, just stay away the hell from here from about August 1st through about the 15th, unless you actually like the chaos, congestion, and price gouging of the Sturgis Rally.

Lots and lots of great roads, and many historically interesting places.

There's some enormously large, carved, stone faces down there in the southern region of the Black Hills....or so I'm told.

There's a bunch of Buffalo, Pronghorn, and a zillion Prairie Dogs walking around Custer State Park....but you're not allowed to feed or pet them....especially the Buffalo, they get all testy when you bug them.

Not a lot of mosquitos, though some, and normally low humidity, though there is always a chance of a biblical hailstorm from any squall that rolls through, usually about every other day from May through August.

The rattlesnakes are shy, and I've only seen two since 1993.

There's Mountain Lions, but they haven't eaten anyone yet, as far as I know.

Lots of motorcycle dealerships in the area for parts and service if needed...though they will probably have to order anything more unusual than a spark plug.

I have a nice garage and a decent pickup truck for vehicular emergencies if needed.

I know all the good roads in the region.

How am I doing so far?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: