February 19, 2020, 03:01:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another MC gang  (Read 226 times)
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Kymco AK550 & '12 Piaggio X10 (sold). & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 152
-Receive: 185

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« on: August 19, 2019, 07:28:54 AM »

doin' good.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6074139735001/#sp=show-clips

* 2019-08-19_082817.jpg (73.21 KB, 1201x676 - viewed 15 times.)

__
Don
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 70
-Receive: 260

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 05:51:46 PM »

Thatís a great organization.  Itís a sad fact that America is slowly forgetting 9/11 and the impact that it has had on our nation.  Itís like getting a cut on your finger, and after it heals, forgetting it happened, in spite of the scar it left.  They mentioned Pearl Harbor Day, as well.  Another nearly forgotten event.  That is also sad, as the attack on Pearl Harbor was another pivotal event in our nationís history, and one that should never be forgotten or diminished.  Thanks for posting this, Don.

Greg
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 07:20:59 PM »

You're welcome, Greg but it's awfully little that I did moving some pixels around.
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 70
-Receive: 260

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 05:49:04 PM »

You're welcome, Greg but it's awfully little that I did moving some pixels around.

It’s all about maintaining awareness.
Spyderist
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '16 Can-am Spyder RT Limited SE-6, '08 Suzuki Burgman 400 w/Tow-Pac (better half's), '07 Honda Reflex Sport (also better half's)

Thank You
-Given: 10
-Receive: 43

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 04:01:09 PM »

There are any number of significant events, good and bad, that we (or vicariously through our parents) remember.  The recent anniversary of the moon landing is an example on the positive end of the scale.  For some reason history is less interesting to the young than to those older.  "If I didn't live it, it may as well not have happened, so I ignore it".  Perhaps it's only with age that we understand that history IS important, that what happened in the past shaped our world in ways we never considered.

I'm often taken aback by comments from younger generations that show me they've no understanding that everything they have and/or claim as "rights" did not simply fall from the heavens.  Despite what our Declaration of Independence says, there are no "inalienable rights" because there is no power that guarantees them.  The only rights one has are those which one (or one group or nation) can defend from those who would take them away.  All of human history reveals evidence of this reality, over and over and over again.

The AHC channel shows a lot of WWII pieces.  I watch them and shudder at the brutality and pointlessness.  I didn't live it but my parents certainly did.  My dad served in the ETO (4 campaign stars including the Bulge, officially the Ardennes) as a mortar squad sergeant, while my mom lived stateside with her mother-in-law.  It has occurred to me on more than one occasion that watching a significant number of these videos would be more beneficial to shaping our youth's understanding of the cost of their freedom than all the dates they could possibly memorize.  Knowing dates is not the same as knowing history.

Spyderist, formerly known as ZURG

If You Don't Ride, You Don't Know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4mU8ZqMZPU
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 04:59:07 PM »

Well said!
There are a few well made movies & TV series out there that are (supposed to be) historically correct. "We Were Brothers" for WWII, "Gallipoli" for WWI, "We Were Soldiers" for Vietnam, and the list goes on. Any of these would find a good home in a history classroom.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: