December 12, 2019, 03:06:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Took the CTX out for a little ride  (Read 296 times)
jdbrot
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Honda Reflex Sport ABS

Thank You
-Given: 21
-Receive: 144

« on: August 08, 2019, 01:29:05 AM »

Decided that the cold front (below 90 degrees F) made this a good time for a ride. Went to Frankfort and Lexington, KY and back. If you read about the distillery fire a month ago here is where the Jim Beam (Old Crow) warehouse stood. They have already cleared the site and are going to rebuild ASAP.

Then a little farther to Castle and Key which used to be Old Taylor bourbon. They have restored the old castle and are distilling once again.

Off to Lexington for my favorite garlic breadstick. I won't share so get your own at Joe Bologna's.

Then a ride back through Old Frankfort Pike. All of the big thoroughbred stud farms are here. Plus it is a beautiful shady drive on a sunny day.

Back through Frankfort, brief stop at Rebecca Ruth Candies. Inventor of the bourbon ball, chocolate covered, 
bourbon filling and topped with a pecan. No photo because I ate it but here is the place.

Return home goes through Shelbyville, pleasant surprise to find gas was 50 cents per gallon cheaper than Louisville. Almost paid for the trip in savings.

The last 25 minutes was heat and traffic but it was worth the 170 miles of fun. Sometimes last minute plans work better than expected!
SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 394
-Receive: 199

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 03:40:50 AM »

Thanks for sharing Joan! The CTX looks Good!

IMHO, Its a shame Honda didn't put shaft drive on that bike otherwise one might of found its way into my garage. For now the Pacific Coast continues to serve me well.

02 Gl 1800 GoldWing
89 Pacific Coast 800 
2012 Burgman 650 Burgman Trike
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT, 2009 Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 33
-Receive: 123

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 04:38:53 AM »

Nice ride report and pix’s Joan.  We wanted to camp in SW WI this weekend.  Looks like they will have rain. Bummer.  We will ride somewhere.

P.S.  I filled up the Goldwing tonight gas by my house is $3.29/gal.  Ugh!!!!!

It's just not a vacation it's a fricking adventure.
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 65
-Receive: 258

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 06:39:44 AM »

Nice ride report and pix’s Joan.  We wanted to camp in SW WI this weekend.  Looks like they will have rain. Bummer.  We will ride somewhere.

Your gasoline is more than ours up here.  Currently $2.999 a gallon here in Wasilla.
A friend of mine who lives in south Chicago sent me an article in which is stated that the Illinois legislature recently passed a bill that drastically increased fuel taxes and sales taxes.

Greg
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT, 2009 Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 33
-Receive: 123

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 12:27:28 PM »

Quote from: Greg link=topic=9827.msg116897#msg116897 date

[/quote

Your gasoline is more than ours up here.  Currently $2.999 a gallon here in Wasilla.
A friend of mine who lives in south Chicago sent me an article in which is stated that the Illinois legislature recently passed a bill that drastically increased fuel taxes and sales taxes.

Illinois increased our gas tax from 0.19 cents to 0.38 cents on July 1st.  So they can fix the roads. I usually get my gas at Costco when I am up in WI, or in the suburbs.  But I needed gas.  At least it wasn’t the car. 
jdbrot
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 01:13:52 PM »

Gas has been 2.89 here since July 1, Costco is about 30 cents cheaper. Very happy to find the cheaper price. Made me smile.
sailingskier
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '05 Honda Silver Wing, ABS

Thank You
-Given: 130
-Receive: 75

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 01:15:16 PM »

Thanks for the pictures and details of your ride, Joan.  Glad it was "cool" enough for a ride.  But if your great "Danesq" story format which makes us wish we were there too, and all the while brings some hungry feelings turns into comparison of gas prices .... I bet we have the highest here in NS.  (Well, Montreal and BC and maybe Toronto are higher...)  An expected drop of 2.8 cents/ liter tonight will bring us to $1.25/liter range.  So before considering exchange rate we are at $4.74/ US Gal. Too early in the morning to avoid confusion of exchange rates, Imp Gal , US gal and liters ....  so I sourced an "online" converter which says our $1.25/L = $3.56/gal in US Dollars

Mike
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 52
-Receive: 110

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 01:30:14 PM »

I'm glad to see you're putting on miles and getting comfortable on the CTX. It's looking good!

Walk fast...look worried.
"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
Burgman Executive 650
Majesty 400 x2
Morphous 250
redeye
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 138
-Receive: 192

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 02:36:30 PM »

Your CTX is a great looking motorcycle. Thanks for posting the story and photos. Hadn't read about the distillery fire previously.

Gas prices here are decreasing, with some places approaching $2.30/gallon.

Years of bad habits often masquerade as 'experience'
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 359
-Receive: 843

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 02:45:33 PM »

Great pictures, Joan!! Nice to see you able to get out and about.  How is your wrist feeling?

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
jdbrot
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 02:59:40 PM »

My hand is sore but my head is clear. Amazing how a little away time makes everything seem better.
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Kymco AK550 & '12 Piaggio X10 (sold). & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 142
-Receive: 179

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 03:29:14 PM »

Quote from: Greg link=topic=9827.msg116897#msg116897 date

P.S.  I filled up the Goldwing tonight gas by my house is $3.29/gal.  Ugh!!!!!
[/quote

Your gasoline is more than ours up here.  Currently $2.999 a gallon here in Wasilla.

Illinois increased our gas tax from 0.19 cents to 0.38 cents on July 1st.  So they can fix the roads. I usually get my gas at Costco when I am up in WI, or in the suburbs.  But I needed gas.  At least it wasn’t the car.  

My family lives along the Mississippi river and Dave says the bridge over to Missouri has never been busier!

I like that read color on the bike a great addition to the photos.

__
Don
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 359
-Receive: 843

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 03:44:32 PM »

My family lives along the Mississippi river and Dave says the bridge over to Missouri has never been busier!

Same here, we are along the Mississippi, first exit out of Illinois with gas.  All our stations are staying busy, especially Sams and Costco.   Illinois gas went up .20 a gallon for a new tax in July.
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 65
-Receive: 258

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2019, 06:34:31 PM »

Thanks for the pictures and details of your ride, Joan.  Glad it was "cool" enough for a ride.  But if your great "Danesq" story format which makes us wish we were there too, and all the while brings some hungry feelings turns into comparison of gas prices .... I bet we have the highest here in NS.  (Well, Montreal and BC and maybe Toronto are higher...)  An expected drop of 2.8 cents/ liter tonight will bring us to $1.25/liter range.  So before considering exchange rate we are at $4.74/ US Gal. Too early in the morning to avoid confusion of exchange rates, Imp Gal , US gal and liters ....  so I sourced an "online" converter which says our $1.25/L = $3.56/gal in US Dollars

Mike

Just to ramp things up a bit, if one should decide to drive the Alaska Hwy, gasoline at Beaver Creek, YT, CA, is currently $1.572 for regular!!  Mike, you guys have some of the better gas prices, at least in eastern Canada, but you can get it for $1.169 a liter at Costco in Prince George, BC.  But to be fair, everything along the Alaska Hwy is expensive.
sailingskier
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '05 Honda Silver Wing, ABS

Thank You
-Given: 130
-Receive: 75

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2019, 09:26:35 PM »

Greg, Costco in New Brunswick and Newfoundland have gas bars ... but not in Nova Scotia.  Where Costco sells gas, people can get a better price.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: