July 07, 2020, 01:57:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trust DOT?  (Read 4211 times)
klaviator
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: Yamaha Majesty, Kymco Like 150i, Kawasaki Versys 650,

Thank You
-Given: 107
-Receive: 80

Email
« on: June 20, 2019, 02:41:39 PM »

Another reason I don't trust Snell is that they claim that "dwell time" or the length of time one is exposed to the G forces is not important when it is a well known fact that it is. 

Although I don't like Snell it wouldn't keep me from buying a Snell rated helmet since the helmet also meets DOT standards. 

One reason I am not likely to buy a Snell helmet is there are almost no modular helmets that have the Snell rating.  Snell makes it extremely difficult for modular helmet to meet it's standards yet plenty of open face helmets have the Snell rating.  Where's the logic in that?  While a Modular helmet isn't as safe as a full face it certainly offers more protection than an open face helmet.  Even the Shoei Neotec doesn't have a Snell rating.

I have also read that Helmets with internal sun visor won't pass Snell standards.  I don't know how true that is.

My preference is modular helmets with an internal sun visor.  I don't think it is possible to get a Snell rated helmet with those features at this time.

I ride, therefore I am
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: