August 17, 2019, 02:40:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you avoided a crash?  (Read 372 times)
Clampett
Uncle Jed
Administrator
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: 29 - Mini bikes to Gold Wings.

Thank You
-Given: 94
-Receive: 80

« on: June 19, 2019, 04:13:29 PM »

I began piloting cabinless transports in the year of 1966. I've experienced numerous crash avoidance events.

My most memorable event was immediately after leaving a non nutritional quick bio refuel center. As I was about to enter the transport stream, I made a quick observation of the automatic traffic flow regulator for my intended direction to the right. It was green. I quickly looked to the left for an opening for the purpose of merging. The oncoming passenger transport shuttle appeared to be decelerating in the nearest lane indicators. I engaged full thrusters as I again returned my view to the direction of intended travel. I then realized why the observed passenger transport shuttle had been observed decelerating. The traffic flow indicator had already altered state to a non flow condition. My flow inhibitors were insufficient to terminate my forward progress and one of the larger size passenger transport shuttles had already began advancing through my travel vector. As most pilots of our small cabinless transports know, they come with pre-install and fully activated engaging cloaking devices. For some lucky to me reason, the pilot of the oncoming shuttle was aware of my presence and halted his advancement. I altered course to the near left traffic flow markers as I made full engagement of visual receptors through his shuttle view port. He preceded to initiate the universal galactic salute. Being aware that I had momentarily de-cloaked, I nodded in recognition. Upon exiting the intersecting vectors, I immediately reduced my transport thruster while returning to the far right traffic flow indicators and came to the realization that my biological exhaust port had somehow engaged in a non voluntary reaction of extreme restriction. I was experiencing both a feeling of vulnerability and invincibility simultaneously as though I had been on Omicron Ceti III. While experiencing other events of this nature in latter stardates, this event has remain as the most impressionable upon my conscious being.

Edit for clarity:
Translation: I was leaving Capt D's and ran a red light. I swerved to the left and the car approaching from the right stopped and shot me the bird. I was scared sh*tless and had an adrenaline rush. I'll never forget it!!!

--
Larry  
My Maps
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: