August 22, 2019, 06:19:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Four Day Tellico Plains Getaway  (Read 583 times)
klaviator
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: Yamaha Majesty, Kymco Super 8 150, Kymco Like 150i, Kawasaki Versys 650, Kawasaki KLR650

Thank You
-Given: 73
-Receive: 72

Email
« on: May 19, 2019, 04:43:50 AM »

We continued on and rode some twisty roads.  I didn't take any pics until I got to one of my favorite picture spots on the "too too" road. That's not the real name of the road but the late Frank Cheek named it that since he considered it "too crooked and too steep to ride on a motorsickle".

I only got Jerry and my scooter because Steve didn't want to ride his big beast out on the narrow gravel trail and then have to get the beast turned around.

Another of my favorite picture spots. I have taken pictures of a bunch of my other bikes here so now I have the Like as well.

Bridal Veil Falls.

We had a good run down 28 to Franklin. Traffic on this road can be nasty but if you catch it without traffic it is sublime. Imagine the dragon with way better scenery.

we stopped in Franklin for gas. With my tiny 1.8 gallon tank I was the only one who needed it. It turned out I could have passed since I got 90 MPG on that tank and still had plenty left to get to Robbinsville.

We stopped at Fat Buddies in Franklin for a late lunch/early dinner. It's a great place for BBQ.

Then we rode Wayah RD. It's another of my favorites and we didn't have any traffic slowing us down.

After Wayah Rd Steve headed back home. Jerry and I rode together to Robbinsville and then split up. I took the Skyway back to Tellico.

This interesting vehicle was pulling out as I pulled into a turnout.

By the time I got back to the campground this was my tripmeter for the day. I actually took this pic the next morning which is why there is dew on the glass.

I ride, therefore I am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: