August 17, 2019, 02:36:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Four Day Tellico Plains Getaway  (Read 570 times)
klaviator
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: Yamaha Majesty, Kymco Super 8 150, Kymco Like 150i, Kawasaki Versys 650, Kawasaki KLR650

Thank You
-Given: 73
-Receive: 72

Email
« on: May 18, 2019, 05:37:06 PM »

Then we rode through Happy Valley and picked up the old section of the Foothills Parkway. We got off on 321 to get gas and some snacks. This is actually the parking lot of a gas station. Pretty nice spot for a break.

Then it was time to try out the new section of the Foothills Parkway which just opened a few months ago.  Steve and I swapped bikes for this so the next few pics I took were from the V Strom.

When we got to the end we turned around and rode it the other direction.

Steve getting a selfie.

I like this new section of the FHP better than the old section.  Besides the brand new pavement it has better views and better curves.

We stopped to enjoy the view.

Did I mention it was a beautiful day for a ride.

Jerry took the Like for a short spin.

Jerry Soon broke off and headed home. Steve and I rode back to Tellico where we had a great dinner at the Tellicafe. A group of riders came in and it turned out that two of them where guys I used to ride with in the HSTA many years ago.  It's a small world!

After dinner Steve headed back to Blue Ridge and I headed back to the campground.  We planned on meeting again the next morning for another ride.

I averaged around 80 MPG and rode close to 250 miles.

I ride, therefore I am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: