October 21, 2020, 12:37:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting Ready  (Read 385 times)
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 79
-Receive: 269

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« on: September 14, 2019, 05:16:39 AM »

Can’t believe it’s just a little over 2 weeks before we head out to Boston to start our cruise up the East Coast and Canada.  Peggy finally found a nice outfit to wear for the “gala night” formal dinner event on the ship, and I managed to get mine.  Seems about all left to do is pack the suitcases and head for the airport.

We are excited about meeting Mike and his wife in Halifax.  They are taking us on a tour around the area, and we’re looking forward to this.  It’s especially great because it won’t be one of the “canned” tours. Lunch or dinner will be on us, of course.  How cool is this?  And we get to meet and know online friends we’ve talked to for years, but never actually met.  Yep, gonna be fun.

Greg
jdbrot
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Honda Reflex Sport ABS

Thank You
-Given: 29
-Receive: 178

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 01:08:47 PM »

Have a great trip. Sounds like fun.
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 07:03:08 PM »

Have a great trip. Sounds like fun.

This is first for us, so we’re looking forward to this.  I’ve never been red hot about ocean cruises, but this seems like it’ll be a nice time.  It’s definitely not a party boat type of cruise.  We’re sure looking forward to meeting Mike and his wife, and having them show us around the Halifax area.
sailingskier
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '05 Honda Silver Wing, ABS

Thank You
-Given: 164
-Receive: 80

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 03:06:22 PM »

Greg, Judy and I are looking forward to meeting you and Peggy-Suz and your friends too. 

The Halifax Public Gardens were hit by Dorian but are to re-open this weekend as is Point Pleasant Park --- which you will see on your way to the dock.  It is on the left side right before the container terminal.  You may see the sailors' monuments to the Battle of the Atlantic and that of the anchor of the Bonaventure. (One of Canada's aircraft carriers before it became the Toyotas or Nissans we drive now.)

So your tour will begin before you hit the cruise terminal !!  Keep that camera at the ready !!! Don't forget attempts for whale spotting .

You say it is not a party boat trip.... so the van we will tour you around in will have to make up for that.  Like the beach Boys song ... "Fun, Fun, Fun ...."

Just like Christmas morning .... can't wait!

Speaking of the hurricane, at this writing there are still 331 outages with1352 customers without electric power more than a week later.
There were almost 500,000 without power at the worst time with Dorian. We lost ours for about 15 hours.  They plan to take the crane down starting today for the next two weeks.

Pack well !!

Mike
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 06:08:36 PM »

I believe we are ready to pack, finally.  I found a pair of dress shoes yesterday that should fit the bill for the formal dinner evening.  Dress shoes are hard to find anymore, and what they call dress shoes aren’t, for the most part, what I would call dress shoes.  Oh well, I got what I needed.

So, we’ll be going on the party van. 🤣🤣😁!!  Good deal.  It will be a fun time, especially when we don’t have to compete with a whole bus load of people. 

That hurricane certainly took the starch out of a lot of folks’ sails, didn’t it.  I’m glad things are returning to normal there, if slowly.  The folks down in the Bahamas certainly didn’t fare well.  What a mess that is.  It’ll be a long time before they recover fully from Dorian.

Anyway, we’re hoping for good weather on this trip.  Lots to see, and probably will be a lot to save for another time.

Greg
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT, 2009 Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 34
-Receive: 161

Saint Louis, MO 2020

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 02:23:12 AM »

Greg have a great trip.  Hope all goes well and the weather cooperates.  We had a little rain in Cooperstown but that didn’t stop us from riding.  Bob and I never even saw where the Baseball Hall of Fame was located.  We just had 3 days of long fun rides.

It's just not a vacation it's a fricking adventure.
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 06:02:38 AM »

Pretty much all that’s left is to pack our suitcases.  I think this is going to be fun, and we’ll be visiting places we’ve never been before.

We’ve been on some of those rides before where the weather failed to cooperate, but we had fun anyway.  It’s always fun on a motorcycle, just sometimes it’s more fun than other times.  But it’s never not fun.  Glad you had a good time, Cathy.
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 375
-Receive: 885

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 12:48:48 PM »

You guys have a great trip!!  Give Mike a big hug for me!!  Looking forward to pictures and reports.

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 05:35:24 PM »

You guys have a great trip!!  Give Mike a big hug for me!!  Looking forward to pictures and reports.

Will do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: