May 23, 2019, 02:55:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I May Have To Choose Between My Bikes  (Read 354 times)
Dan
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 224
-Receive: 362

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

« on: May 06, 2019, 03:57:04 AM »

Iím conflicted. I may have to get rid of one of my bikes next season. The Versys is just about perfect, ticks almost all the boxes, newer, more comfortable and very reliable but... Iíve fallen in love with the Interceptor. Itís the bike I want to hop on when I think about going for a ride. Donít know if itís the V4 motor, the red, white, blue paint job or the great sport bike lines it just does it for me. The Versys would be the smart choice but bikes arenít always about being smart.

Practicing Normite.
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Kymco AK550 & '12 Piaggio X10 (sold). & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 129
-Receive: 161

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 06:07:14 AM »

And men have been making the smart choice since, like, FOREVER!

__
Don
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 324
-Receive: 801

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 02:30:15 PM »

Do what makes you the happiest for your home
riding.  You get out on many riding vacations each year and you get the bikes there to fit your needs!

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
klaviator
Scooter Grad Student

Bikes Owned: Yamaha Majesty, Kymco Super 8 150, Kymco Like 150i, Kawasaki Versys 650, Kawasaki KLR650

Thank You
-Given: 72
-Receive: 64

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 02:53:53 PM »

Just get a bigger garage :D

I ride, therefore I am
freak
RCR
Scooter Senior

Thank You
-Given: 3
-Receive: 7

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 03:00:18 PM »

you can never have to many bikes/scooters

Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 324
-Receive: 801

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 03:38:38 PM »

Says the man with ummm 10 in his garage??
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 52
-Receive: 105

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 04:59:43 PM »

I agree.Unfortunately Mrs.Mini doesn't.....and I'm only at 5!

Walk fast...look worried.
"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
Burgman Executive 650
Majesty 400 x2
Morphous 250
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 62
-Receive: 248

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 05:27:32 PM »

The most I've had at one time is two, not counting PeggySuz's bike.  But I've had a lot of bikes, from enduros to sport bikes (VFR800 Intereceptor--I understand it's addiction) to cruisers, adv tourers to the big touring bikes, and I loved them all.  Well, except for the 350 Jawa I learned to ride on.  Oh, almost forgot the 4 UJM's I had.  It's hard to decide, I know, but I always felt that the one keeper, if I had to make that choice, was the one that most satisfied my needs and spoke the loudest to me.  Sort of like cameras--the best one is the one you're using right now.

Greg
redeye
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 119
-Receive: 183

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 06:22:43 PM »

Iíve fallen in love with the Interceptor. Itís the bike I want to hop on when I think about going for a ride.

With your logical and thoughtful comments on so many topics, and possibly because I have tended to emphasize data and analysis over the years, I appreciate the emotion with which you are approaching this decision. Parting with the Interceptor would be very difficult for me these days... just my thought! Best wishes with your decision.

Years of bad habits often masquerade as 'experience'
Dan
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 02:33:23 AM »

Iíve fallen in love with the Interceptor. Itís the bike I want to hop on when I think about going for a ride.

With your logical and thoughtful comments on so many topics, and possibly because I have tended to emphasize data and analysis over the years, I appreciate the emotion with which you are approaching this decision. Parting with the Interceptor would be very difficult for me these days... just my thought! Best wishes with your decision.

You nailed it. I generally over analyze and the Interceptor is pure passion. Maybe the passion will diminish over time and I can make a more objective decision.
Dan
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 01:55:31 PM »

Do what makes you the happiest for your home
riding.  You get out on many riding vacations each year and you get the bikes there to fit your needs!

I know you're right and that's the dilemma.  The Versys fits my needs almost to a T.  The Interceptor does not but it's just oh so good to ride.
Dan
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 01:56:39 PM »

It's hard to decide, I know, but I always felt that the one keeper, if I had to make that choice, was the one that most satisfied my needs and spoke the loudest to me.

Based upon your past comments I would guess the VStrom is your one keeper... maybe a GoldWing.
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 62
-Receive: 248

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2019, 05:23:36 PM »

It's hard to decide, I know, but I always felt that the one keeper, if I had to make that choice, was the one that most satisfied my needs and spoke the loudest to me.

Based upon your past comments I would guess the VStrom is your one keeper... maybe a GoldWing.

Dan, I think my Gold Wing days are over, but that VStrom was definitely a keeper, as it did all things well.  If I were to do it over again, I'd likely consider the 1000cc version.  I think the Versys is much the same, but probably with a bit more performance.
SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 388
-Receive: 195

Email
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 12:11:03 AM »

I don't envy the decision you may have to make Dan. Just enjoy the time you have with both.

I've often thought if I had to go to one bike I would keep the Wing. The PC would have to go. If the time came when I couldn't hold up a big bike I would sell it & get something smaller.

02 Gl 1800 GoldWing
89 Pacific Coast 800 
2012 Burgman 650 Burgman Trike
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 52
-Receive: 105

Email
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2019, 03:58:06 PM »

Dan,  I’m sort of in the same boat with my fleet. We’re looking at minimizing our things, and five bikes aren’t going to make the cut. The amorphous and 650 Burgman will be sold. That leaves me Ton it andwo Majestys  and a Goldwing. Majesty one (2006)#2 has 35k, I’ve owned and maintained it for years, has been all over with me-so there’s an emotional attachment. Majesty two-the one Mrs Mini didn’t know about) was bought with 5600 miles but had a motor issue. I replaced it with a good running motor with 10k on it, but I don’t know it like I do the other one. I’m still in love with the Goldwing and it’s the only one the Mrs. will occasionally ride with me, but the day is approaching when it might prove to be too much to handle on a daily basis. Tough decisions, but they have to be made.
Dan
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2019, 07:02:24 PM »

Dan,  Iím sort of in the same boat with my fleet. Weíre looking at minimizing our things, and five bikes arenít going to make the cut.

Five bikes, that's a lot of decision making.  I suppose two of the decisions would be pretty easy but if you are trying to get that fleet down to one or two bikes it would be come more challenging.  If I'm reading your fleet correctly you have two Majesty's, one Burgman 650, a Morphous and a GoldWing.  If I had those bikes and I needed an allrounder that handled all the duties I would keep the Burgman 650.  If I had to keep two it would be the Morphous, just cause it's so unique and the Burg.  Good luck with your decision making.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: