May 23, 2019, 03:13:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Read Re Maxi Scoots Rally - New York  (Read 435 times)
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 324
-Receive: 801

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« on: April 22, 2019, 01:57:13 PM »

Pete had two strokes this week. Each has been "fairly" minor.  (it's not minor for him and nor for me to see happening)  The left side of his body was affected.  At the time of both strokes he loss vision, slurred speech, droopiness on left side of face, severe headache and loss of mobility on his left side.  At the time of writing he is still in the hospital, I hope coming home today.

After long discussions and counseling among friends and family, weíve made the difficult decision to stop riding.  This decision will include me as well.  While Pete wants me to keep riding there is no way thatís happening.  We are partners and I simply will not go off on a ride while he sits at home and waits for me. 

What does this do to our NY plans, nothingÖ we will be in NY for the rally.  We want to see our friends and this is as much a part of the rally as riding is, if not more.

What you all need to decide is how you want rides handled.

Do you want me leading rides via a car?
Do one of you wish to lead the rides?
Do you all just want it to be a do your own thing and we gather at night?
Do you want to cancel your plans to come to NY?

Iím going to leave these decisions for you all to decide.

Pete and I both hate that our life decisions affect others but such is life.  Pete is already looking at convertibles (thanks Joan), we shall see is my position at the moment.

Regarding this forum, it will stay,  I consider most here friends before riding friends.

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
Steve_YYZ
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: 2014 Suzuki Burgman 650

Thank You
-Given: 71
-Receive: 43

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 01:43:23 PM »

Well here's my thoughts.....

First -- Get well Pete and work on your health. Everything else is secondary and we do understand. Note: No smoking the tires and "drifting" the convertible around the corners! 

Second -- I'll still be there assuming everyone else is still coming. Maggie just has to promise good food and no rain! 

Third -- I don't mind following a vehicle, or having a vehicle "sweep" while one of us leads.

Fourth -- I'll lead one of the rides (Covered Bridges) if everyone is agreeable and hopefully others step up to cover off the other rides.

Fifth -- Let's P-A-R-T-Y ! ! !
CelticCross
Scooter Grad Student

Bikes Owned: 2016 CanAm Spyder RTLtd

Thank You
-Given: 14
-Receive: 22

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 04:31:56 PM »

Plans for you and Pete to be in upstate NY this fall is a good sign. I hope he recovers quickly and fully.

CelticCross
jpowell692
Scooter Senior

Bikes Owned: 2007 Burgman 400, 2011 Burgman 650

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 14

468863.jpg

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 07:30:51 PM »

I'll be there to enjoy the friendships we have made and the  see a new part of the country.

The more the miles, the bigger the smiles.
Murf
Wind In My Hair, Bugs In My Teeth
Scooter Freshman

Bikes Owned: Honda 50, 90, 350, 750, VTX1300, SW600, BSA, Norton, BMW K100, Yamaha 175 Enduro and Vstar 1300, Harley 1945 Knuckle Head, VW trike I built.

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 17

Silver Surfer Rides Again

bemurphy22@msn.com
Email
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 02:38:16 PM »

Maggie, sorry to hear about Pete.  Not sure yet if Ill make the rally but if I do Ill lead a ride.

Get Well Soon Brian

Never seen a day I cannot overcome with a smile.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: