July 09, 2020, 03:29:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Majesty mods  (Read 221 times)
Spike
Motofickle Rider
Scooter Freshman

Bikes Owned: Way too many to count

Thank You
-Given: 3
-Receive: 1

Email
« on: November 16, 2019, 06:30:16 PM »

Well, I haven't made any more progress on identifying and eliminating the wind noise on the Majesty.  But I did get a mount for my GPS set up and I added some much needed mirror extensions.  The GPS mount is based on a RAM ball mount that attached to the tab on the handlebar.  The mirror extensions are exclusively fabricated for Yamaha and others that use a left-hand thread on the right side.

Mike
'09 Majesty, '12 R1200RT, '17 DL650
IBA#6154
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 52
-Receive: 120

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 04:08:51 PM »

My GPS mount is similar. I use the ball mounted to a round plate and screwed in the center of the handler bar cover. I use either the long or short ram type extension piece, and super glued a ball onto a plate on the back of the GPS. I tried those extenders for my mirrors, and while they helped, I wasn't happy. I made my own. I also added a piece of lexan, about 3" wide and 4" or 5" long  on each side of the windshield. Since I do quite a bit of super slab riding, they really help push the wind out away from me when at speed. Mine is a touring windshield. I also made some handshields out of some small "L" brackets and lexan, and bolted on at the bottom of the brake lever, utilizing the nut. I shaped the lexan, by heating it carefully. I needed those when I'm up north and riding in cold weather. They really help.  You can also buy some online, but I'm  ̶c̶h̶e̶a̶p̶  frugal!

Walk fast...look worried.
"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
 ̶B̶u̶r̶g̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶E̶x̶e̶c̶u̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶650
 ̶M̶a̶j̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶4̶0̶0̶ ̶X̶2̶
Honda Silverwing
Morphous 250
sevenwheels
Scooter Senior

Thank You
-Given: 38
-Receive: 11

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 06:46:45 PM »

On MajestyUSA there are complete directions for mirror extenders based on pipe nipples and taps. It might take some looking,but I looked those up for someone else, possibly on this forum. I made some when I had my Majesty. Hated to see that bike go.
David

2006 Morphous,2011 Spyder RTS
2017 F150

IBA 56167
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: