September 19, 2019, 10:29:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back to Bicycles  (Read 560 times)
redeye
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 128
-Receive: 185

Email
« on: March 15, 2019, 03:50:29 AM »

Since relocating to North Carolina, I have resumed bicycling after many years. The first few rides definitely reminded me how far in the past my regular bicycling had gone. But late last year, I decided to look for a new bicycle. However, I wasn't quite ready to spend a lot of money, wanting to see if my renewed interest in bicycling would remain.

Although not essential features on a bicycle, motorcycle maintenance gave me an interest in disc brakes and cast wheels. Many (most?) bicycles still have rim brakes and spoke wheels, but I found one with the desired features.

Since purchasing the bicycle, I ordered a rear mount kick stand that doesn't interfere with the pedal rotation and a more comfortable seat. Those two changes are more substantial than all of the other bicycle modifications I have ever made, combined. Around a town renowned for bicycling events, this one gets quite a few interested looks. Looking forward to riding regularly again as daytime temperatures climb.

Years of bad habits often masquerade as 'experience'
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Kymco AK550 & '12 Piaggio X10 (sold). & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 139
-Receive: 167

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 06:15:14 AM »

I guess I understand the seat change. I pulled up behind some "road users" a few months ago and noticed that most, if not all, of the seat padding was inside their spandex. Well, either that or they had some serious issues with their gluteus maximus.

Have fun with your new wheels.

__
Don
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 351
-Receive: 820

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 03:59:54 PM »

Have fun!! 

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: