January 16, 2021, 04:45:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Springs & a Ferry Oh My! - Missouri  (Read 183 times)
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 375
-Receive: 894

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« on: March 04, 2019, 01:30:36 AM »

This is another figure 8 route about 300 miles.

Again lots  of great roads with elevation changes as well as tons of twisties.

This route features some great stopping points.

Alley Spring outside of Eminence is an old mill on a spring.  Super pretty with clean bathrooms. (you might sense a theme, I know clean bathrooms ;) )  If you research the Ozark Waterways you will see a ton of mills and springs.  If you only wanted to see one, Alley Spring is the one.  Plus itís great stop on a hot day.

Once you leave Alley Spring just up the hill about 1 mile is an outstanding pull off and beautiful vista.

You will make your way over to the Akers Ferry and cross the Current River via a ferry.  The day before you ride I would call to make sure the ferry is running.  (573) 858-3224

After the ferry you will make your way over to Hwy 19. This is a super fun road.   You will find yourself back in Eminence.
There are several places to grab lunch.  I recommend Margieís Place or the Dairy Shack.  

There is gas in Eminence on either side of the bridge.   We have always used the gas station on the north side of the Current River just off 19.  Itís like ľ mile from 106/19.

Afterwards  head south on 19.  Itís not as twisty but itís relaxing for after lunch with some fun rollercoaster type hills.

Once you get to Winona you can decide if you want to go all the way to 160 and back up to your place or cut the day shorter and take 60 back.  60 is four lanes and moves fast.

https://goo.gl/maps/TLn2DoUQKTJ2

* Screenshot (112).png (320 KB, 870x819 - viewed 39 times.)

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: