February 19, 2019, 08:58:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RMK E2 Electric Motorcycle  (Read 273 times)
redeye
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 112
-Receive: 177

Email
« on: February 13, 2019, 03:54:41 AM »

The RMK E2 looks to be yet another electric motorcycle model. Although some publicity came out in late 2018, today is the first I read about it.

link:  RMK shows off 50 kW electric motorcycle...

Although not ready to start counting my Euros, I found the article, and particularly the hubless rear wheel, very interesting.

2008 Yamaha Morphous, 2014 Yamaha FZ-09
2004 Honda CRF150F x3, 2005 Honda CRF100F
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 92

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 06:14:17 AM »

The 180 mile range is very good..relatively, but at nearly $30,000 for a 67 hp machine that, as usual for electric bikes, is as visually stimulating as a box of steaming dog sh#t. The Harley Livewire is the only electric bike that even tries to look like 'a motorcycle', but I wouldn't pay more than 6-8 G's for any of them as they are now. No, that's wrong, I wouldn't pay anything for an electric bike as they are now. Maybe in five or ten years, IF they can lay off the damn ugly pills when styling these things.
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 60
-Receive: 244

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 07:26:24 PM »

That hubless rear wheel looks interesting, but I'd be concerned about it's strength, not having spokes of any kind.  I wonder how hard one would have to hit a bump or ride over a rought stretch of road before the rim starts to collapse.  Other than it looks like the riding position is like that of a sportbike, I don't think it's a bad looking motorcycle.

Greg
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 12:45:00 AM »

I think it looks too much like a transportation appliance.
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 50
-Receive: 97

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 04:37:10 PM »

I don't like anything that has that "negative space under the saddle", whether it makes noise or not.

Walk fast...look worried.
"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
Burgman Executive 650
Majesty 400 x2
Morphous 250
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 07:23:15 PM »

I don't like anything that has that "negative space under the saddle", whether it makes noise or not.

It does seem that a fender of some sort is in order, doesn't it?  Ride that in the rain and your backside is going to get quite wet.  But hey!  it's an electric bike, you wouldn't want it to short out in the rain. 😁😁😜
Dan
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 223
-Receive: 361

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 07:45:01 PM »

I like the hubless rear wheel and the exposed orange wiring and the headlight arrangement but the mid-section of the bike is uninspiring.

One of my favorite electric bikes is the old Empulse:

And I do like the look of the LiveWire.

I suggest keeping your eyes open for CL listings of electric bikes.  I met a guy at an electric car meet-up who found some great deals on old Zero's and an Empulse.

Practicing Normite.
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 323
-Receive: 789

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 01:18:27 PM »

Thatís interesting looking.

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 08:07:30 PM »

I think that seat on the RMK would ensure that you'd never be able to ride the full distance of it's full battery charge.  I wouldn't last 20 minutes on that pad.
Skutorr
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2009 Tmax 500, 2009 Majesty 400, 2007 Aprilia Mojito 150

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 37

2009 Tmax500 with OODLES of UPGRADES!

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 11:48:44 PM »

...and this Electric Superbike will be coming...from KYMCO!

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/kymco-supernex-electric-supersport-2019/

https://youtu.be/gtEGU-y41mc

2009 Tmax500 - Faster Yellow!
(Dr. Pulleys, HH sintered pads, Pilot Road 4 tires, GIVI AirFlo, shorty brake levers, Euro winkers, shortened OEM mirrors, custom tail tidy, MIVV exhaust, River Road luggage system, backrest extensions, adjustable LEXAN storage divider, LED storage light, power outlet)
Dan
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

« Reply #10 on: Today at 12:27:13 AM »

The story states it has a six-speed gearbox.  The Brammo/Victory Empulse had a gearbox as well.  When I gave it a test ride the rep said to keep it in third or fourth gear, the gearbox made little difference.  I wonder what the feel of the KYMCO will be when riding?
redeye
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 112
-Receive: 177

Email
« Reply #11 on: Today at 05:39:58 PM »

The story states it has a six-speed gearbox.  The Brammo/Victory Empulse had a gearbox as well.

Currently with both six-speed and CVT rides, I'm 'on the fence' about which (manual shift or not) would be my preference on an electric motorcycle. One doesn't seem better than other to me. They're just different, each with its own advantages. Haven't been riding much at all since relocating; perhaps addressing that situation is a good place to start.
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #12 on: Today at 06:09:28 PM »

I wish they'd just show several clear, well-lighted, photos of the damn thing, without all the stupid 'Tron-at-night'
cryptic video bullshit.
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #13 on: Today at 06:26:32 PM »

I wish they'd just show several clear, well-lighted, photos of the damn thing, without all the stupid 'Tron-at-night'
cryptic video bullshit.

I think that illustrates the attitude of a lot of the kind of folks who ride motorcycles like that--young, hip, anything goes, wild lifestyle attitude.  Certainly doesn't lend itself to being appealing to more sensible riders who would ride it on a track or just ride it sanely.  Just looking at it though, it seems one would have to be young and limber to be able to assume the riding position on that thing.
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #14 on: Today at 07:48:54 PM »

From the little I could actually see of the bike, it appears to be a lot better looking than 98% of the electric offerings fielded so far, and the six-speed tranny definitely pushes it into an area I can relate better to than the single-speed, electric train throttles on most of these things, so far.
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:49:00 PM »

From the little I could actually see of the bike, it appears to be a lot better looking than 98% of the electric offerings fielded so far, and the six-speed tranny definitely pushes it into an area I can relate to better to than the single-speed, electric train throttles on most of these things.
Dan
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

« Reply #16 on: Today at 08:50:50 PM »

The story states it has a six-speed gearbox.  The Brammo/Victory Empulse had a gearbox as well.

Currently with both six-speed and CVT rides, I'm 'on the fence' about which (manual shift or not) would be my preference on an electric motorcycle. One doesn't seem better than other to me. They're just different, each with its own advantages. Haven't been riding much at all since relocating; perhaps addressing that situation is a good place to start.

The difference is with a single speed electric bike it is either a chain or a belt direct drive, not a laggy CVT.  The responsiveness is much improved and quite different.

By the way, where did you relocate??
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: