January 17, 2019, 12:37:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter  (Read 138 times)
SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 386
-Receive: 195

Email
« on: January 03, 2019, 03:24:02 AM »

We've had a winter so far that is very uncharacteristic for Central Wisconsin. Its been pretty warm temps from the 20's to 30's. We have yet to have a day in the single digits. It has not been below 0, not even overnight.

We've had some snow, Not much, Haven't even used the snowblower this year yet. I saw a motorcycle go by yesterday. it was about 15 degrees. My cycles are in the shed behind the house, I could get them out tomorrow if needed because of no snow & the frozen ground. Seems every time its snowed its missed us. Snowmobilers have to go quite a bit north to use their machines. Ski hill of course is open because of man made snow. Our hot tub is still hot! 

I'm grateful for this mild winter so far. Another day without snow & cold is one more day closer to spring. & one less day to deal with it.

Its suppose to be up in the 40's this weekend. Diane & I are planning some quality time out at the camper.

How's winter treating you in your neck o da woods?

02 Gl 1800 GoldWing
89 Pacific Coast 800 
2012 Burgman 650 Burgman Trike
Skutorr
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2009 Tmax 500, 2009 Majesty 400, 2007 Aprilia Mojito 150

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 37

2009 Tmax500 with OODLES of UPGRADES!

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 03:34:10 AM »

Been Chilly here, highs in the 40's & low 50's, down to freezing at night. Some snowing up the hills toward Yosemite and in Yosemite. Got a week of rain coming that should blanket the mountains with heavy snow and drop a few inches in the local hills. Every few years it dusts us a bit...

2009 Tmax500 - Faster Yellow!
(Dr. Pulleys, HH sintered pads, Pilot Road 4 tires, GIVI AirFlo, shorty brake levers, Euro winkers, shortened OEM mirrors, custom tail tidy, MIVV exhaust, River Road luggage system, backrest extensions, adjustable LEXAN storage divider, LED storage light, power outlet)
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 61

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 05:19:23 AM »

A little too cool to ride, but it's supposed to be 60 degrees this Sunday (Jan 6th).
We're gonna ride up to Alton IL and test ride those Rykers.
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '12 Piaggio X10 350 Exec. & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 104
-Receive: 152

Evening Light

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 07:04:01 AM »

Yesterday, for about 10 minutes, a small hole in the cloud cover opened up and a patch of blue appeared. I kind'a knew the blue was still up there but it's been quite a while since we've seen any.

__
Don
bandito2
Scooter Junior Professor

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 21

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 07:56:10 AM »

I posted the following on another forum where it was asked; "Who's scooting today"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I missed this thread yesterday (1-1-19) because I spent most of the day off line. Instead I dressed in my AlpineStars riding
suit with zip-in insulating liners, balaclava, long-johns, Dakine gloves (Yeah they're pricey ski gloves, but they are wind and
water proof... toasty warm too!) boots, FF helmet, and clothing layers. Rode my Reflex scooter to a friend's place only 8 miles
away; mostly expressway. (FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR... WOO HOO!!!) It was only 36 F when I left with the temps forecast
to drop to about 22 F. The roads were dry and free of snow since it all got melted from the rain the day before. Stayed for a
couple hours and I'm not sure of the temperature when I left, but it was noticeably cooler and starting to snow a little bit.
Knowing that expressway traffic can have the tendency to polish the snow to a nice glossiness, I headed for home before there
would be enough snow for nice slick strips in the road to be made. Stayed toasty warm the whole time.

The year is off to a very good start here in southeast Michigan... Daytime sunlight hours are getting longer... Spring is on it's
way... (or maybe I'm just being too optimistic.)

Southeast Michigan Dark Side Rider
4 Honda Reflex scooters & a FSC600A Silverwing
Originator of the "Darkside" Honda Reflex. "Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."
Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 50
-Receive: 97

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 05:48:06 PM »

I've gotten in rides 1/01 and 1/02. Not very long, because I've had a lot to do, but being a year 'rounder I ride as long as the roads are decent and the temps are above the teens. Our winter has been pretty mild (relative term) so far, with not much snow and temps between 20s-high 30s.

Walk fast...look worried.
"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
Burgman Executive 650
Majesty 400 x2
Morphous 250
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 57
-Receive: 240

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 07:03:11 PM »

It's been a bit warmer winter up here than usual.  I think it's due to El Nino or La Nina thing.  We have more snow than usual and it's only been below zero one time when it went down to -4F one night.  I'm not complaining, but I'm getting tired of shoveling and blowing snow!!

Greg
pallettman
Scooter Senior

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 9

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 06:08:03 AM »

Rain!! When it quits raining, it rains some more. Mild temps, but lots and lots of rain. The weatherman says that tomorrow it is going to be sunny and mid to high 50's. Hope to get a ride in if everything around here is not flooded.

klaviator
Scooter Grad Student

Bikes Owned: Yamaha Majesty, Kymco Super 8 150, Kawasaki Versys 650, Kawasaki KLR650

Thank You
-Given: 59
-Receive: 54

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 08:41:41 PM »

Sunny and mid 50s here tomorrow.  I'l be going for a ride

I ride, therefore I am
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 316
-Receive: 781

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 03:20:02 PM »

Very warm in the New Year.   Little to no snow however this weekend we are looking at 3-6" but then another warm up.

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: