February 19, 2019, 09:45:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you use but donít enjoy?  (Read 449 times)
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 60
-Receive: 244

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« on: January 20, 2019, 06:52:03 PM »

Apropos to what the Msgt said, I recall an account a flock of years ago when we were returning to Ft. Myers from Titusville where we had hoped to see a shuttle launch. We were on the "Beachline Expressway" stuck in a line of hundreds and hundreds of cars waiting to pay their $1 at the toll booth when a young lady launched (see we did get to see a launch after all!) herself out of the car ahead of us and beat feet for the oleander bushes along side. After a minute or so she made a sheepish return to the car which still hadn't had the opportunity to move.

I also had a guy come knock on my window and ask for a cigarette! It was a long, long line but the gubment sure didn't want to miss out on the revenue.

Makes me laugh, and it brought up an old memory.  Years ago our Gold Wing group supported the local American Lung Assn., on their annual springtime bikeathon.  They had a huge group of bicyclists that rode from Willow to Talkeetna, spent the night, then rode back.  Our job was to ride alongside, back and forth, monitoring the progress and offering assistance if needed, and making sure everyone was safe.  Anyway, this one time I was riding back toward Willow and saw three bicycles on the side of the road with no one around.  Hoping nothing was wrong, I slowed to make sure, and as I went past, looking back, I saw three bare behinds crouched down behind the bushes.  Couldn't see them from the side, but they were clearly visible from the road as I rode past.  The call of nature was strong, I suppose, but nature didn't offer complete cover there.  I never mentioned it, as they would have been supremely embarassed. (hmm, fun little pun there.)

Greg
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: