January 22, 2019, 01:11:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It never ends.  (Read 258 times)
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 91

Email
« on: December 15, 2018, 11:06:17 AM »

2007 Kawasaki ZZR600, 2000 miles, exceptional stock condition, with the only departure from 100% being the aftermarket slip-on muffler. Was $3995 when I walked into the dealership this afternoon, was $3300 OTD by the time I left. I'm going to try to ride it early this afternoon (Saturday), then I'll decide what to do. This is a comfortable, attractive, 100hp, 150+ mph motorcycle for what amounts to chump change when compared to newer machines of this type,

I truly appreciate the lack of blacked-out components, low seat height, silver wheels and frame, and the nearly complete coverage of body parts in that rare feature (today), paint of an actual color other than some shade of mud. Very unfashionable, therefore, very attractive.

Tap image for a better view.

minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 50
-Receive: 97

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 02:27:58 PM »

Walk fast...look worried.
"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
Burgman Executive 650
Majesty 400 x2
Morphous 250
redeye
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 112
-Receive: 177

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 03:38:08 PM »

I'm going to try to ride it early this afternoon (Saturday), then I'll decide what to do.

Great time of year in a cold winter area to make a deal. From your first photo, looks like the dealer has a fair amount of two-wheel inventory. The ZZR 600 is a great looking motorcycle. Looking forward to reading how the decision turns out.

2008 Yamaha Morphous, 2014 Yamaha FZ-09
2004 Honda CRF150F x3, 2005 Honda CRF100F
klaviator
Scooter Grad Student

Bikes Owned: Yamaha Majesty, Kymco Super 8 150, Kawasaki Versys 650, Kawasaki KLR650

Thank You
-Given: 59
-Receive: 54

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 06:30:56 PM »

I have to agree.  Nice color and good looking bike. 

I ride, therefore I am
Dan
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 223
-Receive: 361

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 02:31:53 AM »

JB, this is one of my most favorite bikes that Iíve never got to ride. I love itís looks. Please indulge me with a full crabbypants review, itís one I my own one day.

Practicing Normite.
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 09:30:02 AM »

Well...I rode the 600 this morning, and although it was a very nice bike, I decided to pass on it. It might have been the bargain of the year, but it managed to only push about five out of ten of my "OH CRAP, I GOTTA HAVE THIS THING!!!" buttons, which is fatal as far as a purchase goes.

One thing that I didn't like at all, was that on closer inspection, I discovered that what I had thought was an aftermarket slip-on muffler, was actually the stock muffler cut in half, with the end cap re-welded onto it. I thought that it wasodd looking, and it didn't show any brand name, which reinforced my suspicions of something silly afoot. I will admit that it appeared, at a casual glance, to be totally professional in quality. Out on the road, it was unacceptably loud. This in itself was not a deal-breaker, because I could easily find a stock 'take off' muffler for it, and probably for less than $100.

It looks over large in the close-ups,
but not too bad in the full view...

I remind myself that between now and next spring, I will likely find a dozen other great and interesting motorcycle purchase candidates.

And thus ends this brief but intense tale of wanton sickle-lust.....but there will be others, I can promise you that, I am insatiable.

Close-ups of the weird-ass muffler...

JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 09:45:48 AM »

JB, this is one of my most favorite bikes that I’ve never got to ride. I love it’s looks. Please indulge me with a full crabbypants review, it’s one I my own one day.

Don't be discouraged by my own rejection of the bike this time around, it's a great machine, and would be a lot of fun to own, but one factor in my not buying it is that if I did buy it at this time, I wouldn't be able to possibly pick up a more desirable(?) machine next year, and if my finances improve even slightly in the near future, I might be able to snag that beautiful Triumph T120 Bonneville demo that's at the same dealership the ZZR is at. I guarantee that I would be kicking myself silly if I blew the opportunity to have that Bonnie by prematurely getting another bike at this time. I also still haven't ruled out that 2018 ZX14R still collecting dust at another dealership, nor that superb, very slightly, used Honda CB1100DLX still available locally....and even a 2019 Ninja 400 is a possibility this spring.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: