June 26, 2019, 04:30:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where's Gurock1 ?  (Read 683 times)
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 62
-Receive: 250

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2018, 05:59:40 PM »

Yesterday I lost my very first riding buddy. In fact, he's the guy that actually taught me to love catching bugs in my teeth. I've got to admit that it was quite a few decades ago and I had to help him "steer" his Bonneville by sitting on the tank in front of him but, that's what buddies are far.

I signed his obituary today after having expressed my condolences to his offspring already so I just typed in "RIP" then it hit me that, at lest in our case, that "R" stands for RIDE!

Don, so sorry about the loss of your friend.  It's always tough, I know.  We lost a riding friend in Boise a couple years ago.

Greg
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Kymco AK550 & '12 Piaggio X10 (sold). & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 134
-Receive: 163

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2018, 06:35:52 PM »

That little story was about my uncle giving his 5yo nephew a once around the block. I was trying to get to the "R" in RIP and, I guess I over played it. Sorry.

Dale's passing wasn't a surprise and he'll be missed but no tears, just fond memories as it should be. Dale's last ride was an Indian Chief, a Victory before that, a Gold Wing before that,  a BMW in there somewhere back in the 60's. Suffice it to say, Dale loved the machines like Rich did. So, to both of them Ride in Paradise!

__
Don
CelticCross
Scooter Grad Student

Bikes Owned: 2016 CanAm Spyder RTLtd

Thank You
-Given: 16
-Receive: 22

Email
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2018, 12:47:31 AM »

My condolences to all those who knew Rich. I hope you each will have an opportunity to celebrate his life.

This is the 3rd person that I am aware of from the various motorcycle-oriented sites I visit that has passed untimely in the last month. Add in the number of folks to have recently suffered significant injuries and it is easy to see how much risk each of us encounters each time we suit up. Enjoy your riding but please be careful out there.

CelticCross
SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 389
-Receive: 196

Email
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2018, 01:51:38 AM »

Wow! I'm shocked. But not really surprised. Motorcycle accidents seemed to find there way to Rich, Plus riding in the dark hours like he did. I remember him leaving Minocqua in the wee hrs. Something I wouldn't of done knowing the deer situation in this area. Still.....a very nice Man who will sadly be missed. Always enjoyed reading his posts!
My fondest memory is when Rich, Brian, Diane & I rode 300+ miles on the Natchez Trace looking for a place to eat. Wound up in Alabama in a little dive where Brian fell in love with the waitress!

RIP Rich! it was a pleasure knowing you & riding with you! And if you happen to see Didiki. Tell him he is missed!

02 Gl 1800 GoldWing
89 Pacific Coast 800 
2012 Burgman 650 Burgman Trike
billg
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2005 Burgman 400; 2003 VTX 1300

Thank You
-Given: 161
-Receive: 203

Email
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2018, 04:09:26 AM »

Sad news.  RIP Rich.
Dan
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 224
-Receive: 362

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2018, 12:08:02 AM »

This is so sad and I'm just learning about it today.  I only met Rich once and it was at the PA rally, as Maggie had written, he was a bit of an odd duck but very approachable, easy to talk and he loved riding.  I was always so concerned about his long, lonely rides late into the night and early hours of the morning.  I wish him peace and condolences to his family and friends.  His presence will be missed here.

Practicing Normite.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: