November 15, 2018, 10:49:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diamond Gusset Defender Jeans  (Read 704 times)
SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 384
-Receive: 195

Email
« on: September 11, 2018, 04:48:18 AM »

Bought a couple pair of these jeans (One for Diane one for myself) while in Lynchburg TN. I had some reservations on the comfort aspect of these jeans. The first day I rode with these on it was VERY HOT and they weren't yet washed. And because of the heat anything you wore was uncomfortable & hot. Then I bought them for protection more so than comfort but one does want both. I did wash them before the ride home. They did not shrink.

The ride home was 938 miles with one day being a 760 mile day I thought the kevlar lining may be a problem there along with the additional weight of a regular pair. Nope ! These jeans are VERY comfortable. Stayed that way all 13 hrs in the saddle that long ride home. The day before I left Alabama it was 93 degrees outside. On the way home it dipped below 63 degrees. They stayed warm & comfortable. I especially like the ability of being able to velcro the cuff of the pant leg closed to prevent cold air from going up your leg.

I bought my pair off the seconds rack. I have yet to see why there a second. That makes then a better buy.
Diane's I bought on a whim, Ladies Jeans were 50% off. The lady in the store seemed to be the same size as Diane so I bought her that size. Lucked out, They fit her perfectly.

They seem to be a very well made product and because of the fit & finish of these Jeans & their comfort quality. I reccomend these to anybody! Lets hope I never have to write on how well they protected me!

02 Gl 1800 GoldWing
89 Pacific Coast 800 
2012 Burgman 650 Burgman Trike
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 315
-Receive: 763

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 01:32:08 PM »

That's awesome, Lou. Glad they fit Diane too.

Pete bought his 7th pair while in Lynchburg.  He got the Defender Black this time, they were like 40% discounted.  We could not even begin to find the "flaw" He obviously loves them.  

For the record they make all kinds of jeans, not just riding jeans.  They are made in Tennessee, so well worth the extra few bucks.

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
Spyderist
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '16 Can-am Spyder RT Limited SE-6, '08 Suzuki Burgman 400 w/Minitrike (better half's), '07 Honda Reflex Sport (also better half's)

Thank You
-Given: 9
-Receive: 38

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 07:41:00 PM »

Bought my 2nd pair that day as well - as with others, hard to find any defect even though they mark them with red tape.

My 1st pair got beat up when when I went down 3 years ago.  They were abraded, but I wasn't - that's the point.

Spyderist, formerly known as ZURG

If You Don't Ride, You Don't Know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4mU8ZqMZPU
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: