September 20, 2018, 10:13:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home safe  (Read 620 times)
sirkitrider-2
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Helix, Nighthawk 750x2, Goldwingx2, Vulcan 750x4, Burgmanx4, Vstrom, Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 5
-Receive: 37

Email
« on: September 07, 2018, 10:53:18 PM »

Home safe from the Bama rally …. I got home about 3. Uneventful ride home after Friday Maggie's morning ride, ...  fantastic ride … on Hwy. 39. Sweet!

It was hotter than blue blazes coming home though.  Had a great time!

Sirkitrider

John 3:16
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 311
-Receive: 753

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 11:16:35 PM »

Yeah!  Thanks for letting us know Ron.  Was great to see you again.

Yes, 39 was simply fantastic! Steve will be uploading a video soon.

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2009 Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 30
-Receive: 87

Maxi-Scoot Rally 2017

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 12:07:25 AM »

Nice meeting you Ron.  Glad your home safe.

It's just not a vacation it's a fricking adventure.
JD Dog Boy
Scooter Freshman

Bikes Owned: 2009 Genuine Buddy 125 (Boo Boo), 2013 Suzuki Burgman 400 ABS (Ingrid)

Thank You
-Receive: 1

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 12:47:11 AM »

It was terrific to put a face to the name!  Good to meet you, Ron, and I look forward to riding together again...even though you're a traitor to Burgmanoids everywhere.

Born to be mild.
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 02:23:55 AM »

It was terrific to put a face to the name!  Good to meet you, Ron, and I look forward to riding together again...even though you're a traitor to Burgmanoids everywhere.

Lol
sirkitrider-2
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Helix, Nighthawk 750x2, Goldwingx2, Vulcan 750x4, Burgmanx4, Vstrom, Honda Silverwing

Thank You

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 05:29:10 AM »

Good to meet you also dogboy ... AND at least I didn't by a Harley:-))

Sirkitrider
msgtphil
Five of Five
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Current - Kwang Yang X-500, GL1100/Vetter sidecar

Thank You
-Given: 187
-Receive: 219

generic

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 06:18:03 AM »

I'm home without incident, evidently Alabama was another state without an active warrant search or arrest.  A neglected battery and sore ribs limited riding and socializing a tad but I left the house knowing riding was questionable. Whether punishment of the scooter deities for neglected maintenance or my riding angel ensuring I didn't ride that battery fired off fine Thursday and ever after.
  I met some folks, got to see some folks, sipped a couple in the lobby with a few of the Red Roofies, had all the fish & hush puppies I could eat, steak, 1 tater and a free breakfast. Met an Alabama cousin and paid respect to some long gone Alabama family.
  I had a delightful time and the Kwang Yang was on the ground and rolled in Alabama retaining the record of the only Kwang Yang on the ground at every event; the only Kwang Yang at every event except Kentucky (unless I missed one this year) and I believe the only motorized vehicle of any type that has been on the ground at every event.

Many thanks to Pete, Maggie and all who assist in organizing and dragging together such a diverse group of individuals this and every year.

If you stand for anything, you have fallen for something.
Carol
RCR
Scooter Grad Student

Bikes Owned: 07 Silverwing, 15 Tmax

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 10

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 01:58:52 PM »

Safe travels to all. Very nice to see everyone.
jdbrot
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Honda Reflex Sport ABS

Thank You
-Given: 11
-Receive: 102

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 02:41:25 PM »

Great seeing you again Phil!
sidecar1942
Scooter Freshman

Thank You

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 11:51:58 PM »

I made it home. Had a great time.  thanks maggie and pete.  Bob Finley Geneseo,Ill.
jdbrot
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Honda Reflex Sport ABS

Thank You
-Given: 11
-Receive: 102

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 12:12:44 AM »

Home safe, great rally. Thanks to everyone especially Maggie and Pete.
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 59

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 01:27:03 AM »

All unpacked and unloaded at home.
We hit some hard rain in Nashville at about 10am.
Happy we were trailering and I hope everyone else missed it.
Great seeing everyone again. Thanks Maggie.

P.S. Phil is my new hero riding down with busted ribs.
jpowell692
Scooter Senior

Bikes Owned: 2007 Burgman 400, 2011 Burgman 650

Thank You
-Receive: 13

468863.jpg

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 01:44:39 AM »

Got home safely. 537 miles and no rain. Bags unpacked and enjoying a  adult  beverage. Great seeing  everyone  and a special thank you for all the help.
Can't  wait to see upstate NY next year.

The more the miles, the bigger the smiles.
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 46
-Receive: 94

Email
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 02:22:10 AM »

After looking at the weather, I split early Saturday afternoon to avoid the rain that was going to hit Sunday, late afternoon. You'd think I'd learn....never trust the weatherperson. I ended up driving all night and it poured for fifteen out of nineteen hours. A little over a thousand miles and it rained-hard- for at least seven hundred of them.
 I'd do it again in a heartbeat though. I like being with youse guys( that's New York for Ya'll.)

"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
Burgman Executive 650
Majesty 400 x2
Morphous 250
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 02:49:54 AM »

We made it to our pits too in Nashville. Pete and Karen took the truck.  I rode back to Guntersville so see a few more things. I finished the last 40 miles to Karen’s house via the Natchez Trace.  Hit about 5 minutes of downpour.  Otherwise it was one of those it had just rained here rides.

Tomorrow we trek the rest of the way home.

CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Maxi-Scoot Rally 2017

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2018, 06:11:39 AM »

Bob and I made it home safely.  670 miles. New record for me left about 7:30 got home by 10 pm.  We were in The down pour from about Nashville almost to Paducah.  Glad I have two days off before returning to work.  While it was raining the temp dropped to around 70°.  That was the temp we rode home in for the rest of the day.  Dropping at times to 62°.  A bit chilly when your wet.  Did finally dry out though.  It was great seeing you all and meeting some new members.  Thanks again Maggie and Pete.

Here are a couple of pics from our last gourmet lunch we had on our ride home. Great local place we found some where between Nashville and Paducah. Not sure exactly what town.  It consisted of 2-drumsticks, 2-egg rolls, 2-burritos and 2 chocolate milks.  Bob surprised me when he went into use the bathroom at the gas station.  Didn’t get a chance to take a photo of the food.

* 3583402B-77BB-4CD8-A9B1-F6673E5D47E1.jpeg (703.63 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 8 times.)

* 59B2D1A7-FFC2-4373-96ED-90B15CBA4105.jpeg (920.19 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 8 times.)
msgtphil
Five of Five
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Current - Kwang Yang X-500, GL1100/Vetter sidecar

Thank You
-Given: 187
-Receive: 219

generic

Email
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2018, 06:42:34 AM »

All unpacked and unloaded at home.
We hit some hard rain in Nashville at about 10am.
Happy we were trailering and I hope everyone else missed it.
Great seeing everyone again. Thanks Maggie.

P.S. Phil is my new hero riding down with busted ribs.

Mark, always good to see you. Glad to find you are safely home as well as others who have reported in. Much as I'd like to let that slide, someone would surely snitch me out anyway. I hauled the scoot down on Monday, was another day working up nerve to unload it. Thursday before I took a couple loops around motel parking lot and listening to motorbike talk in lobby that evening got me fired up. Friday woke inspired to dead battery and memory of jump box I sat by door at home not to forget but did. Missed ride but after purchasing jumper cables finally did around 100 miles on my own. Turned back Saturday following first stop, though I was sorely tempted to turn right with you folk when leaving the park. I did eat a 'hero sandwich' once and that's as close as I'll ever be. I do immensely appreciate the thought though.    
klaviator
Scooter Senior

Bikes Owned: Yamaha Majesty, Kymco Super 8 150, Kawasaki Versys 650, Kawasaki KLR650

Thank You
-Given: 50
-Receive: 48

Email
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2018, 12:55:11 PM »

I made it home safely on Saturday.  That's a big deal since I live a whopping 52 miles from Scottsboro :D

Steve rode home from my house to GA on Sunday.  He made it without hitting any rain.  He even got slightly lost and found some great roads. 

It was great meeting everyone for the first time and Mark again.  It's always nice meeting people in person after interacting with them online. 

I hope Ya'll enjoyed visiting Alabama.  Ya'll come back now ya hear!  (OK, I'm not originally from around here and that's the best I can do )

I ride, therefore I am
JD Dog Boy
Scooter Freshman

Bikes Owned: 2009 Genuine Buddy 125 (Boo Boo), 2013 Suzuki Burgman 400 ABS (Ingrid)

Thank You

Email
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2018, 10:15:27 PM »

David and I planned on two days to get home in order to avoid the weather, and everything went as planned.  We hoped to make it to London, KY before we got too wet, and the first drops fortuitously hit my face shield as I switched on my turn signals to take the exit ramp to London.  We pulled into the BP to get fuel and find a hotel, and the skies opened up.  We hung out under the awning and made a hotel reservation, and the torrential rain subsided for a few minutes, giving us time to ride over to the Microtel and check in.

It was still sprinkling a bit when we departed London this morning after what was probably the best breakfast I've had all week, but the roads were dry within 30 miles and stayed that way all the way home…tread-challenged front tire notwithstanding.  Brian, you can exhale now.

I want to thank everyone for being so welcoming and so much darned fun, with special thanks to Joan for sacrificing her breakfast to help me shop for a battery and being prepared to trailer my Ingrid to Chattanooga if necessary, Phil for also being ready to drop everything to trailer me to Chattanooga, Steve for his expert diagnostic , leadership and photographic skills, Bruce for much-needed fuses, Wynn for electrical tape when I really needed it, John for trying to donate a tire, Brian for moral support, and Kathy & Carol for going beyond the call to make me feel welcome.

So it’s the fault of all of you that I’ll probably show up again next year, but this time with good tires front and rear as well as my own spare fuses!

JD

P.S.  Your Talladega Forest and Little River Canyon journey was one of the meticulously planned, responsibly led, and obscenely scenic rides I've done.  It easily ranks in my top five riding experiences.  Special thanks for that!

SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 382
-Receive: 195

Email
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2018, 11:58:10 PM »

Brian & I made it home 11:30 Monday. Rode 760 miles to Janesville Wi where we called it a day. Starting to get dark & we didnt want to tangle with critters. Been there Done that!

Put the rain suites on just before Nashville & kept them on to Paducah maybe longer. & it stayed overcast until Wisconsin, Which was a welcome change from the Alabama heat.

Every Rally has its special moments & this one was no different. From the rides, Meeting new people, The museum's, To Hanging with old friends. Even the multiple meals @ the 50 taters! Every moment was special.

Special thanks to Maggie & Pete for all you do in putting these together!

Its been 14 years since I've got to live on a motorcycle for a week! Sure was FUN!! 2.481 miles of it!

02 Gl 1800 GoldWing
89 Pacific Coast 800 
2012 Burgman 650 Burgman Trike
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2018, 01:45:05 AM »

We made it home after a nights sleep in Nashville.  We are fortunate enough to have a close stop in between.

I rode the first leg and Pete the second.  My knee is feeling better... I hope so, fall riding is the best!

I want to thank all that came.  Special thanks to Karen, my sister-in-law who helped immensely with breakfast.  Brian, that cheese.... damn!
Joan, thanks for all you do for Pete and I.

* 41447364_10215480586941335_5343912431259222016_n.jpg (175.66 KB, 720x960 - viewed 15 times.)
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Maxi-Scoot Rally 2017

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2018, 06:20:00 AM »

After looking at the weather, I split early Saturday afternoon to avoid the rain that was going to hit Sunday, late afternoon. You'd think I'd learn....never trust the weatherperson. I ended up driving all night and it poured for fifteen out of nineteen hours. A little over a thousand miles and it rained-hard- for at least seven hundred of them.
 I'd do it again in a heartbeat though. I like being with youse guys( that's New York for Ya'll.)

Bruce, is that like three iron butt rides in as many weeks. In RAIN,  you are one crazy guy.  One of the reasons I like you so much.  Glad you got home safe.
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Maxi-Scoot Rally 2017

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2018, 06:23:07 AM »

We made it home after a nights sleep in Nashville.  We are fortunate enough to have a close stop in between.

I rode the first leg and Pete the second.  My knee is feeling better... I hope so, fall riding is the best!

I want to thank all that came.  Special thanks to Karen, my sister-in-law who helped immensely with breakfast.  Brian, that cheese.... damn!
Joan, thanks for all you do for Pete and I.

Thank you, Maggie and Pete.

Dig those riding boots Pete.
redeye
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 112
-Receive: 176

Email
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2018, 07:14:21 PM »

I ended up driving all night and it poured for fifteen out of nineteen hours.

Driving from North Carolina to Maryland on Friday, with the weather changing from hot and sunny to cooler and cloudy and then to storms and heavy rain, I was thinking about you taking a similar route on two wheels the following day. Glad it worked out OK and you're safely home.

2008 Yamaha Morphous, 2014 Yamaha FZ-09
2004 Honda CRF150F x3, 2005 Honda CRF100F
Steve_YYZ
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: 2014 Suzuki Burgman 650

Thank You
-Given: 66
-Receive: 43

Email
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2018, 02:07:43 PM »

Well I must be the last one of us to arrive home. Made it home Thursday (Sept 13) night about 8 pm after a 4 day ride north.

Came thru the Cherohala, Dragon and parts of the Blue Ridge Parkway in weather varying from scattered cloud to dense fog and rain.

My total trip ended up being 4917 km (3055 miles) so it will be nice to have a short commute next year to upstate NY.

This is somewhere along the BRP. 
Murf
Wind In My Hair, Bugs In My Teeth
Scooter Freshman

Bikes Owned: Honda 50, 90, 350, 750, VTX1300, SW600, BSA, Norton, BMW K100, Yamaha 175 Enduro and Vstar 1300, Harley 1945 Knuckle Head, VW trike I built.

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 17

Silver Surfer Rides Again

bemurphy22@msn.com
Email
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2018, 03:46:15 PM »

Steve you get the prize for long ride    Really the rally was fun and I look forward to the next adventure.  Next year I will be the longest distance ride.  Might even be retired by then so might make it a scenic trip but don't know if Ill beat your 3,000 mile trip. 

Never seen a day I cannot overcome with a smile.
LArider
Scooter Freshman

Thank You
-Receive: 0

Email
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2018, 10:20:27 PM »

Safely home Sunday afternoon. 513 miles of backroads with a few hwy miles. Left Scottsboro on a beautiful morning which lasted about four hours, then the heat and love bugs plastered me thru Central/Southwest Alabama and south Mississippi. Just missed some rain a couple times. Look forward to getting to know (and maybe ride with) more forum members!
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2018, 10:29:41 PM »

Thanks for coming up, Jim.  Enjoyed having supper with you.
sirkitrider-2
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2018, 02:09:08 PM »

Has anybody heard from John since Florence?   He is in Pinehurst NC? I think?

Sirkitrider
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2018, 02:59:26 PM »

We’ve been chatting on FB all week.  He is good!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: