September 20, 2018, 10:14:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CBD Oil  (Read 237 times)
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 311
-Receive: 753

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« on: September 02, 2018, 11:54:59 PM »

For the past week Pete and I have been experimenting with CBD oils.  Whatís CBD oil? CBD oil is cannabis hemp oil without the THC.  Meaning you have no psychotropic or hallucinogenic effects as you would from marijuana.

Pete suffers from neuropathy in his extremities due to the chemotherapy drugs he is on.  Additionally after his chemo therapy treatments he suffers from what we call chemo flu.  The CBD oil has greatly reduce the pain in his feet and has eliminated it from his fingertips as well as removed his chemo flu this week.

As you may recall from an earlier post this week I injured my knee. I started vaping and ingesting CDB oil on Friday and it has removed all pain from my leg and knee. 

Have any of you tried CBD oil as a remedy to your aliments? 

PeteĎs brother-in-law has stage four cancer like Pete and he has neuropathy issues as well. He started the CBD oil yesterday and is already noticing less pain in his feet.

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
sirkitrider-2
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Helix, Nighthawk 750x2, Goldwingx2, Vulcan 750x4, Burgmanx4, Vstrom, Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 5
-Receive: 37

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 04:02:57 AM »

Maggie,

I had never heard of the CBD oil b4 your post.  I read numerous articles about and, saw a few news stories about in the last few days. A "Hemp" store just opened in a neighboring county.  It's all very interesting.  As a diabetic, with aches and pains that don't seem appropriate for my age ... and tired to death of typical pharmaceutical "fixes",  I'll be interested in you and Pete's impressions over time.  Hope it helps.

Gonna ask my doc about next appointment.

Sirkitrider

John 3:16
SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 382
-Receive: 195

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 02:01:14 AM »

I say God Bless you & more power to you! This stuff has been criminalized long enough. Just think of where we might be today if this would of been researched years ago. Anything natural that gives you a better quality of life is good! Please continue to keep us informed!

02 Gl 1800 GoldWing
89 Pacific Coast 800 
2012 Burgman 650 Burgman Trike
jpowell692
Scooter Senior

Bikes Owned: 2007 Burgman 400, 2011 Burgman 650

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 13

468863.jpg

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 03:50:30 AM »

I asked my daughter's PA about  alternative treatments today. She said she would try it.

The more the miles, the bigger the smiles.
easlingn
Scooter Freshman

Thank You
-Receive: 3

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 04:15:16 AM »

I am very interested in this treatment,  my wife has been suffering for years with diabetic neuropathy in her feet.  Where is this oil available and do you need a prescription.

Keeping The Dirty Side Down
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 06:05:12 AM »

In the majority of states there is no prescription needed for CBD oil. 

The best place to first seek out CBD oil is a Vape or head shop.   In the St. Louis area we do have a couple of CBD shops starting to appear.  At the CBD stores there are various forms of CBD. Oils, creams etc.

We also know a doctor that is beginning to head towards using it in his practice. So we have access in oil and pull form from him.

It has helped with Peteís neuropathy tremendously. 

I have never smoked in my life so I was hesitant to try the vaping pin to use the oil.  However on the way to the rally my upper thigh was hurting very bad just driving the truck. I used PeteĎs typing pin and CBD oil and within 15 minutes of use the pain was gone from my leg. 

Obviously this is not a cure for any ailment that I or Pete has however it does remove the pain and makes the comfort level tremendously better.

PeteĎs brother-in-law also has cancer and neuropathy, he started using the Vape CBD oil last weekend when we were there and is already seeing tremendous pain relief in one week.

You can also purchase CBD oil online.

It can be Vaped, taken orally, or applied as a topical oil.   We have found that the 750mg or higher oils works the best.  Iíve seen on the Internet as high is 5000mg.

If you are in a medical marijuana state, I would also inquire about taking medical marijuana.  Obviously the benefit of medical marijuana over marijuana is that you do not have the added THC which causes the marijuana high.

To be quite frank, Pete has tried marijuana to help with his pain and it works extremely well.  He uses for breakthrough pain when his other meds prescribed are not controlling the pain.

We sought out the CBD oil because obviously he cannot use marijuana all day long because of the effects.

If you have any other questions I will try my best to answer.
easlingn
Scooter Freshman

Thank You
-Receive: 3

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 03:39:44 PM »

Thanks Maggie for the info.  This site is amazing, I have been going through all the posts and find so much great info that I have decided we could all throw away our shop manuals and just come here when working on our machines.  Now the site has evolved to helping treat our aches & pains. LOL
I am really looking forward to next years Rally so I can meet and put faces to some of the great members.

Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 03:54:46 PM »

You are very welcome.  I hope it can help your wife.  I know for me Iím happy to see Pete out of pain and discomfort. 

Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 10:38:50 PM »

I asked my daughter's PA about  alternative treatments today. She said she would try it.

I hope she finds some relief, John.
SocoPete
RCR
Scooter Grad Student

Thank You
-Receive: 15

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 10:05:10 PM »

I have all kinds of pain pills in my medicine bag like hydrocodone and Oxycontin, and they say take one to two of them every 4 hrs. All they do is hide the pain for 1 maybe 2 hours, then discomfort and pain start to return. The pills leave me having a cloud in my head.

I have found great relief from CBD oils and it's relief is longer lasting. My head is not swimming and I'm not jumping to eat something. I can drive and vape at the same time. 

2014 Spyder ST-S
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: