March 28, 2020, 01:47:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Schedule  (Read 641 times)
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 362
-Receive: 853

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« on: July 26, 2018, 09:53:10 PM »

This is the schedule of events for this years rally.

Let me say as I always do... this is everyone's vacation.  No one HAS to follow this schedule.  

I will update ride route threads over the next week.  I will including GPX files and well as route details.

Tuesday

6:30pm - ❔ (they close at 9pm) Dinner at Goose Pond (Docks, Seafood and Steakhouse on the Waterfront at Goose Pond)  

Steve (Canada) wants hush puppies :-)  The Goose Pond restaurant on Tuesday night is all you can eat fish and hush  puppies.  They have tons of other stuff as well. Let's meet there at 6:30pm.  (they close at 9)  Afterwards we can return to our cabin spot for bonfire and drinks. If you don't make it  for supper you will find us at the cabins.  Shouldn't be hard to find us.

http://goosepond.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/docks-menu.pdf

Wednesday

5:30am - Sunrise Ride Meet at the Red Roof Inn ( 23518 John T Reid Pkwy, Scottsboro, AL 35768 )

This will be a very short ride…  my plans are to come back into town for breakfast before the Lynchburg ride.

9:00am - Lynchburg

Meetup Place/Time:   We will meet up at the Chevron Station ( 24860 John T Reid Pkwy, Scottsboro, AL 35769) with a 9:15 leave time

Dinner: TBD
After Dinner: Gathering at Pete & Maggie’s Cabin Bonfire etc.

Thursday

Two Rides Planned

Talladega National Forest - Steve (Canada) will be leading a ride to the beautiful TNF - See Thursday Long Ride thread for route information.  

7am leave time from McDonald’s ( 22943 John T Reid Pkwy, Scottsboro, AL 35768 ) There is a gas station next door.

9am  We will meet up at the Chevron Station ( 24860 John T Reid Pkwy, Scottsboro, AL 35769)

Rock City - Maggie will be leading a ride to Rock City - See Thursday Short Ride thread for route information.
There is a $20 fee to enter Rock City.   We plan to be at Rock City for 1.5 hours then take a scenic ride back to Scottsboro.

Dinner: TBD
After Dinner: Gathering at Pete & Maggie’s Cabin Bonfire etc.

Friday

On your own ride day or reschedule day if rain earlier in week.  
Pete and I are headed to Huntsville to the Space and Rocket Center, I will lead a ride there. (time to be determined)  Anyone is welcome to join us.

Dinner:  At the Goose Pond campgrounds at Bill & Vickie’s.  If you come there will be a $5 per person dinner fee to buy the food etc.  

Saturday

9am Breakfast
  Pete & Maggie’s cabin

11am My Hometown Ride: leaving from Pete & Maggie’s cabin

4pm Dinner: On the ride we will eat at approx 4pm at Top of the River

After Ride/Dinner:  Show up any time @ Pete and Maggie’s cabin to celebrate another great rally!!

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
Carol
RCR
Scooter Grad Student

Bikes Owned: 07 Silverwing, 15 Tmax

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 11

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 01:17:04 AM »

Thanks this helps to have all the info in one place.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 69

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 05:36:19 AM »

Like I said previously, if there's a rain day we're driving to Birmingham to the Barber motorcycle museum.
I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who likes motorcycles but doesn't like riding them in the rain.
We could carpool.
sirkitrider-2
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2011 Burgman 650,2012 Silverwing, Burgman 650, Burgman 400x2, Vulcan 750x4, Goldwing 1200'sx2, Honda Nighthawkx2, Honda Helix

Thank You
-Given: 5
-Receive: 47

Back in Babies' Arms

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 01:06:24 PM »

Like I said previously, if there's a rain day we're driving to Birmingham to the Barber motorcycle museum.
I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who likes motorcycles but doesn't like riding them in the rain.
We could carpool.

Yeah what Mark said ... if you have never been ... don't miss it.  Been twice, I'd go again. It's a fascinating history of motorcycles.  They even had a Burgman 650 the last time I was there.

Sirkitrider

John 3:16
Murf
Wind In My Hair, Bugs In My Teeth
Scooter Senior

Bikes Owned: Honda 50, 90, 350, 750, VTX1300, SW600, BSA, Norton, BMW K100, Yamaha 175 Enduro and Vstar 1300, Harley 1945 Knuckle Head, VW trike I built.

Thank You
-Given: 3
-Receive: 18

Silver Surfer Rides Again

bemurphy22@msn.com
Email
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 04:03:34 PM »

After seeing the schedule I am driving up Tuesday and unfortunately having to drive back Saturday.  Cannot wait to meet everyone.  Thanks

* IMG_2728[1].JPG (4547.65 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 35 times.)

Never seen a day I cannot overcome with a smile.
klaviator
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: Yamaha Majesty, Kymco Like 150i, Kawasaki Versys 650,

Thank You
-Given: 87
-Receive: 73

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 08:41:31 PM »

I have to work that week so I will miss much of this rally.  I'll try to meet the group in Lynchburg for lunch on Wed. and I will make it to everything on Saturday.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I ride, therefore I am
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 69

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 02:16:56 AM »

I have to work that week so I will miss much of this rally.  I'll try to meet the group in Lynchburg for lunch on Wed. and I will make it to everything on Saturday.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Well that's a bummer.
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 52
-Receive: 119

Email
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 02:17:58 AM »

Heal up first and foremost. I never met anyone that ran his bike head on into a truck and escaped basically unscathed!

Walk fast...look worried.
"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
 ̶B̶u̶r̶g̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶E̶x̶e̶c̶u̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶6̶5̶0̶
Majesty 400 x2
Honda Silverwing
Morphous 250
klaviator
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: Yamaha Majesty, Kymco Like 150i, Kawasaki Versys 650,

Thank You
-Given: 87
-Receive: 73

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 02:25:21 AM »

Heal up first and foremost. I never met anyone that ran his bike head on into a truck and escaped basically unscathed!

Well you'll get your chance to meet someone who did in September!  I've been back out riding the last three days.
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 52
-Receive: 119

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 06:43:40 PM »

Since Friday will be a "ride your own" day, so here's my plan:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: