December 16, 2019, 11:40:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scoot'n in the Alabama Heat.  (Read 4195 times)
klaviator
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: Yamaha Majesty, Kymco Like 150i, Kawasaki Versys 650,

Thank You
-Given: 82
-Receive: 73

Email
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2019, 12:10:31 AM »

Our friend Ed is down there now.  You guys probably crossed paths today.  I liked the Snake, was a nice road.

Steve made it to the Snake but I didn't.

Here's how that happened.  We left Maggie Valley and I led the way to Hot Springs via some back roads that are tight, twisty and rough in some places.  I ended up getting way ahead of Steve.  I thought he was just hanging back but he told me later he simply couldn't keep up with my Majesty with his V strom 1000.  He said it just isn't a good bike for tight and rough roads.  I got to a four way intersection and since we had done this route before I ASSUMED he knew to go straight.  He didn't and ended up turning around and taking a route he knew.  I went to the next intersection and waited.  And waited.  I checked my phone.  No message.  So I went back hoping nothing happened to him.  I checked my phone again and sent him a text.  I rode that road again looking for signs he had gone off the road and over the edge.  I headed to 209 and stopped at the Ferguson store.  I texted and called and waited.  Steve finally found some place where he had a signal and texted back.

At this point he was way ahead of me and it was too late for me to ride to Shady Valley.  I decided to explore and ride some local roads.  

I ride, therefore I am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: