June 19, 2019, 12:41:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Stroll Down Memory Lane, or the Denali Hwy  (Read 128 times)
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 62
-Receive: 249

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« on: July 12, 2018, 09:26:56 PM »

I took this shot of my Vstrom while on the ride I did over the Denali Hwy the Fall before I sold my bike.  That was a great memory of a great ride.

Greg
Silver
Scooter Grad Student

Thank You
-Given: 294
-Receive: 23

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 09:37:59 PM »

A great looking bike and awesome scenery in the background. The bike may be gone now but nobody can take or buy your memories. Thanks for the reminder sir.
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 09:42:08 PM »

A great looking bike and awesome scenery in the background. The bike may be gone now but nobody can take or buy your memories. Thanks for the reminder sir.

Thanks.  I do have to apologize for one thing.  I use Photobucket, but I've been having a hard time using it.  Seems you now have to pay to get things to work right, and I was unable to reduce the size of the picture, unfortunately.  So I apologize for the large size of the photo.

Yup, great memories.  I was not an experienced off-pavement rider, but conditions were so good on the gravel road that we found ourselves riding along at 65 mph, sometimes more, at times.  That was one of the absolute best rides I've been on, and the VStrom was readily up to it.  Great motorcycle.
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Kymco AK550 & '12 Piaggio X10 (sold). & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 133
-Receive: 162

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 06:11:29 AM »

I agree 100%

__
Don
sirkitrider-2
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2012 Silverwing, Burgman 650, Burgman 400x2, Vulcan 750x4, Goldwing 1200'sx2, Honda Nighthawkx2, Honda Helix

Thank You
-Given: 5
-Receive: 45

Just a Swangin

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 01:10:28 PM »

Greg,

I love my iPhone b/c it's so easy to take pics while out riding.  Those pics of those rides help me/us get thru the cold winter days that we cannot ride:-)

Thanks for sharing.

BTW, my long fascination with the  VStrom came to an end recently.  I bought one, rode it 500+ miles ... including a couple of 200+ miles days.

I liked the VStrom ... my knees HATED it!  Traded it in on my new Silverwing.

Still though I know the VStrom is a great dual purpose bike.  Million of memories made on them every year.

Sirkitrider

John 3:16
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 05:09:34 PM »

Greg,

I love my iPhone b/c it's so easy to take pics while out riding.  Those pics of those rides help me/us get thru the cold winter days that we cannot ride:-)

Thanks for sharing.

BTW, my long fascination with the  VStrom came to an end recently.  I bought one, rode it 500+ miles ... including a couple of 200+ miles days.

I liked the VStrom ... my knees HATED it!  Traded it in on my new Silverwing.

Still though I know the VStrom is a great dual purpose bike.  Million of memories made on them every year.

Sirkitrider

I know what you mean about the knees.  I was able to work that out, for the most part, anyway, by mounting a bellypan and a set of highway pegs.  That way I could stretch out my legs from time to time.  My left knee is fine, but my right knee starts to ache after being bent awhile.  That's what I liked about the Kawasaki Vulcan and Nomad, and PeggySuz's 650 Burgman. 

By the way, Peggy's dad had a S'Wing for awhile and it was a fun bike to ride.  My only complaint was that the front suspension seemed a bit wimpy, with what I felt was too much front end dive on braking.  Otherwise, I loved it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: