October 18, 2018, 01:01:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missouri - Lewis & Clark Run  (Read 292 times)
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 313
-Receive: 755

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« on: June 03, 2018, 12:51:52 AM »

We call this the Lewis and Clark Run because it follows the Missouri River.  This can be a nice day run or add in a spend the night in Jefferson City to take in all the highlights along the way.

Highlights:

St Albans - Just outside this quaint town, the Lewis and Clark almost ended just as quickly as it started. https://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/lewisandclark/tav.htm  I may or may not have been back there ;)  You have to trespass on the railroad right of way to get there.

Washington - Hungry for Pie? Cowans, nuff said.

New Haven is an old river town that is making a big comeback and worth a ride through. Stop at Pickney Bend Distillery.   Get some gin and their homemade tonic for later, itís to die for. 

Herman - Itís sorta like our version of Napa Valley in Missouri but with better wine. 

Frankenstein - Whatís here??  A photo op

Jefferson City - If you had lunch along the way here, I would suggest Central Dairy for Ice Cream on a hot day. Iím not an ice cream lover but even I love Central Dairyís malts!

Capital Museum in the State Capital is an AMAZING place and well worth a stop see. The Governor's Garden as well the Capital Grounds are worth walking about.

Once leaving Jeff City get on boring 54 towards Fulton.  Why??  The Churchill Museum is an absolute must stop.  There is also a piece of the Berlin Wall behind the museum.  One of the highlights of my life was attending a speech The Iron Lady, Margaret Thatcher gave at Westminster College.

After leaving Fulton tightening up your boot straps.  You get to ride HWY O, short but sweet but one of the best roads in Missouri.  Itís 14 miles of awesomeness!!!!  Iíve been known to ride out here from home, (105 miles away) and ride this back and forth a few times just because itís that great!   Plus you get to see a nuclear plant!

Once back onto 94 and along the Missouri riding itís all about the riding.  Itís an amazing mass of ups and downs and twisty roads.  There are tons of wineries along the way back in.  We save our stop for Klondike Park.  An old quarry turned into a park.

If you want to avoid the majority of the wineries you can.  There is an alternate route around the wineries that we use especially on weekends.  The alternate route includes Daniel Booneís home and grave. 

https://goo.gl/maps/8RQka848rc82

LewisClark by Maggie-STL, on Flickr

* 428392_10200604707733652_340913500_n.jpg (118.97 KB, 720x960 - viewed 11 times.)

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2009 Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 30
-Receive: 87

Maxi-Scoot Rally 2017

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 06:02:20 AM »

Maggie,  OMG!  You just brought back memories of all the time I have spent in MO.  Bob’s Mom grew up just north of the Missouri River, Holts Summitt.  I have been to many of the places you mentioned.  This is all before I started riding.  I would love to go back and revisit some of those roads and places on a bike. Central Dairy awesome. Now you got me wanting ice cream.   Bob’s Grandmother moved up to Chicago in 2006.  She passed in 2014 at age 96. 

It's just not a vacation it's a fricking adventure.
sirkitrider-2
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Helix, Nighthawk 750x2, Goldwingx2, Vulcan 750x4, Burgmanx4, Vstrom, Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 5
-Receive: 37

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 02:12:23 PM »

Looks like a fun one!

Sirkitrider

John 3:16
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 313
-Receive: 755

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 02:34:00 PM »

Cathy, come on down :-) Thereís lots of great riding around central Missouri.   
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2009 Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 30
-Receive: 87

Maxi-Scoot Rally 2017

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 05:10:19 PM »

Cathy, come on down :-) There’s lots of great riding around central Missouri.   

Maggie, when do you and Pete plan on heading to FL this fall? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: