December 14, 2019, 09:07:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missouri Figure 8  (Read 152 times)
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 359
-Receive: 844

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« on: March 03, 2019, 12:21:19 AM »

I was asked by a guy from Adventure Riders for some routes in MO.  No I'm itching for spring.

Thought i would post them here as well.

This one I call the figure 8 ride. This is a ride to the Bixby Country Store.  THIS IS A MUST GO TO PLACE.  The roads over and back our out of this world good and the Country Store is just amazing.  I'm saying no more, it's worth being surprised.  The food is phenomenal.  Best Taco Salad in the state, best breakfast in the state (Bridget serve all day)...

Your first stop can be in Ellington after riding Hwy K.  The road is a roller coaster of elevation changes with twisties.  It starts out slow then BAMM!,   Our group will ride the 100 miles down to Annapolis just to go back and forth on K :-)

After lunch I recommend riding east to Caledonia.   There is a wonderful Old Time Candy Emporium in town.  From Caledonia head down Hwy 21.  A tad boring for about 10 miles but there is a State Park called Elephant Rocks.  (no admission - State Parks in Missouri are free)  Worth the stop just to see the surroundings in the parking lot and there are clean bathrooms as well.  Leave Elephant Rocks and head toward Johnson Shut Ins.  If you have time, another worthy stop (if there is not a waiting line to get in, if there is skip it as you could wait for an hour or more)  There is a nice walk out to the shut ins and  clean bathrooms.

You will head back towards Annapolis (there is a gas station right in Annapolis a good place to take a break).  Hwy C is amazing.  Starts out boring along the creek.  Once you cross the old bridge, it's on like Donkey Kong.  This road is worth taking all the way to 67 , amazing elevation changes and twisties galore!   If you are  short on time there is a cut off at N to 67.   67 south (it's a divided four lane) will be a tad boring until you get to Greenville then you can take a back way into your place.  Again if short on time 67 will get you back quicker.  There's plenty of twisty back roads that parallel 67 but you might be ready to be back quicker?

This is about a 300 mile ride with a gutful of twisties and elevation changes.

https://goo.gl/maps/uxxuMUamBby

* Screenshot (111).png (337.72 KB, 898x806 - viewed 12 times.)

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
sirkitrider-2
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2011 Burgman 650,2012 Silverwing, Burgman 650, Burgman 400x2, Vulcan 750x4, Goldwing 1200'sx2, Honda Nighthawkx2, Honda Helix

Thank You
-Given: 5
-Receive: 47

Back in Babies' Arms

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 03:31:12 AM »

Whew! That looks like a blast!

Sirkitrider

John 3:16
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: