April 23, 2019, 12:21:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Virginian's Meanderings  (Read 6369 times)
Virginian
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '19 Husqvarna Svartpilen, '14 Vespa 946, '14 HD Wide Glide

Thank You
-Given: 186
-Receive: 70

Email
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2018, 09:44:21 PM »

We got up fairly early looking forward to doing some riding but he wanted to take a spin on my P200e. I dove into the kitchen to scare up a artery slamming breakfast. Cheddar cheese omelets, extra think applewood smoked bacon, and my world famous cheddar cheese biscuits with drizzled garlic butter over them.  Well... maybe not world famous but they're famous in my world. ;) He bought one new in 1981 and toured all over the west coast as well as in South America. I hope he writes his memoirs about that trip someday.

Thus the instant bond with the P200e to fumigate the neighborhood of any mosquitoes. Off he goes in a cloud of smoke!

At one of the stops this morning I had to twist his arm to try out the 946.

Final stop as this is where I jumped off to head home and wished him all the best on his journey home.

I get within about 20 miles from home and the heavens open up and a frog strangler came pouring down. Of course I don't have my rain gear with me. Gah! I get home and start peeling off the soaked layers and I get a big grin on my face as I'm staring at my rain covered helmet. Another page has been turned in my riding portfolio and I'm blessed to have met another fine person to share my adventures with and have them share theirs with me. This was a great day in my life and hopefully it was for Conchscooter.

Life is short, enjoy the ride.

Eric

Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: