May 21, 2018, 03:16:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hitchhikers  (Read 99 times)
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '12 Piaggio X10 350 Exec. & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 70
-Receive: 111

Evening Light

WWW Email
« on: May 16, 2018, 07:01:50 AM »

Caught this little fellow yesterday afternoon trying to cop a free ride.
I guess I'm going to have to start carrying my camera around for a while.

* hitchhike.jpg (191.03 KB, 1474x985 - viewed 12 times.)

__
Don
jdbrot
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Honda Reflex Sport ABS

Thank You
-Given: 10
-Receive: 87

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 01:12:19 PM »

Nice!
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 14 Sypder ST-S

Thank You
-Given: 293
-Receive: 673

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 02:56:57 PM »

Pretty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 43
-Receive: 218

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 07:33:14 AM »

That's a nice butterfly shot.  I can't tell you how many times I missed a neat shot because I didn't have my camera with me.  Good thing I always have my iPhone with me.  I'm finding that it's inconvenient to carry around my "big" camera, so I'm now considering dumping everything and getting something more convenient that I can carry in a shirt or jacket pocket, like a Panasonic Lumix ZS100.  It has a 1" sensor and zooms from 24--250mm.  It has all the controls, including full manual everything, and, from what I've been able to discern, a very good Leica lens.  At least it'll be a good camera, yet compact.

Greg
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '12 Piaggio X10 350 Exec. & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 70
-Receive: 111

Evening Light

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 08:56:44 AM »

Thanks, i took the shot with my $150 android. The 750 was back in the house and the little Nikon was in the glove compartment under the handlebars so I used what I had to hand.

I've been re-thinking the 750 choice too as my back just isn't going to allow me to lug all that equipment around much longer. Panasonic did me evil many moons ago & I've not spent a dime on them since so that's out but, I'm sure there's something out there that will work if/when I make the move.
Clampett
Scooter Senior

Bikes Owned: 28 - Mini bikes to Gold Wings.

Thank You
-Given: 16
-Receive: 36

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 04:51:44 PM »

I have what's called a neck wallet. Has 3 pouches on the front. Top one for my phone, 2nd for writing sticks, and the bottom for I.D. which only gets used for little tidbits like a sim tool when going to help someone.
The phone is always there around my neck, just inside the jacket for any quick stop and shoot.
I also carry a small sony pocket camera that stays on video mode. I can pull it out of the cubby and push the button for quick shots like deer, snakes, birds, scenery, or a short videolog.

Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 43
-Receive: 218

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 05:42:01 PM »

Thanks, i took the shot with my $150 android. The 750 was back in the house and the little Nikon was in the glove compartment under the handlebars so I used what I had to hand.

I've been re-thinking the 750 choice too as my back just isn't going to allow me to lug all that equipment around much longer. Panasonic did me evil many moons ago & I've not spent a dime on them since so that's out but, I'm sure there's something out there that will work if/when I make the move.

If you are thinking of a compact camera and a long telephoto zoom is that necessary, I can recommend the Canon G7X mkii.  The zoom is only 24-100, but unless you're into wildlife and bird photography, that's about all you need.  It's rated as a very good camera.  Currently it's listed by B&H Photo and Video at $649.00, although that price may come down as it appears a Mkiii may be out sometime this year.  Its only drawback is that it has no eye level viewfinder, but I don't find that to be a big issue.

A second choice, albeit an older model, is the Sony RX100ii.  It's been out for a few years but still in production, as it's also an excellent camera, and roughly the equivalent to the Canon G7X mkii.  Either one would be a good choice, and both have a 1" sensor.

Now if you're wanting a larger, DSLR-styled "bridge" camera, there are several choices.  They're larger, nearly the size of a DSLR, but much lighter and some have a superzoom lens, but a very small sensor.  I'd recommend the Sony RX10 series, with the nod going to the RX10iii as it has a 24-600 lens.  The downside is that it goes for $1299.00 right now.  And if you think that's high, the RX10iv goes for right at $1700.00!!  But you get what you pay for.  As much as I'd like one of those, I think I'd opt for the compact size, simply for the convenience and the fact that I don't really need a long zoom.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: