March 23, 2019, 10:20:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Denali  (Read 193 times)
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 61
-Receive: 244

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« on: March 06, 2018, 09:19:42 AM »

Ak finally managed to get out the other day.  It was a beautiful day so I grabbed the camera kit and drove up north of Talkeetna and got some shots of Denali/Mt. McKinley.  Here’s one I took with the new camera, a Sony A6300.  Despite the cold and a brisk wind, I think it came out well.

Greg
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Kymco AK550 & '12 Piaggio X10 (sold). & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 114
-Receive: 157

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 05:46:18 PM »

Chrystal clear!!!
It's a rare, rare day I get air like that any more over here.

__
Don
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 07:03:17 PM »

Chrystal clear!!!

Yeah, it was pretty nice.  Cold and windy, but nice, and almost no haze in the air.

I sold the Nikon and lenses and opted for the Sony A6300 back in December.  I like the Sony and what it does, and the only thing the Nikon D7200 has that the Sony doesn’t is weight and bulk.  Unfortunately, lenses for the Sony are pretty speedy, but the two kit lenses that came with it seem to perform well.
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 08:41:18 PM »

Chrystal clear!!!

Yeah, it was pretty nice.  Cold and windy, but nice, and almost no haze in the air.

I sold the Nikon and lenses and opted for the Sony A6300 back in December.  I like the Sony and what it does, and the only thing the Nikon D7200 has that the Sony doesn’t is weight and bulk.  Unfortunately, lenses for the Sony are pretty speedy, but the two kit lenses that came with it seem to perform well.

I was taught the the tool that works for you & gets the job done is the right one! I'm even thinking about looking into, maybe pretty soon now, a mirrorless camera. This 750 is getting heavy!
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 06:30:54 PM »

Chrystal clear!!!

I was taught the the tool that works for you & gets the job done is the right one! I'm even thinking about looking into, maybe pretty soon now, a mirrorless camera. This 750 is getting heavy!

That was my motivation.  This Sony is a nice, light camera.  You might consider micro 4/3 system, Olympus and Panasonic.  They’re even lighter and have rave reviews.  I could have gone that way, but I happen to like Sony, and based on my experience with an A6000, I stayed with Sony.  I seriously considered an Olympus OMD-EM10 Mk iii, but it was just above my budget with the lenses I wanted.
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 06:36:02 PM »

I've got some searching to do, for sure. Out of the blue, fellow photographer offered to buy my 750 this AM! Things are moving too fast,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: