July 23, 2018, 01:07:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hate to see any plant closing  (Read 893 times)
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 323
-Receive: 730

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2018, 03:17:07 AM »

Wow sorry to hear about your brother in law.  I how he tries again

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 380
-Receive: 195

Email
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2018, 04:27:17 AM »

Silverís dead on.   

Off Topic:
I often wondered the same thing about cars.  Have you ever bought a car because of an TV ad? Or gone to a specific dealer because of an ad?  There are ads that run in St.  Louis that would make me stay away though!!

Little off topic, I can remember as a kid watching Bonanza every Sunday night as a family. Every commercial was a Chevrolet.

02 Gl 1800 GoldWing
89 Pacific Coast 800 
2012 Burgman 650 Burgman Trike
The Bern
Scooter Freshman

Thank You
-Given: 5
-Receive: 0

Email
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2018, 12:17:55 PM »

Sad tale about the redundant Fat Boy, heck of a choice for a first machine he might have done better to get a smaller capacity lighter japanese cruiser to 'learn' on then upsize ?  Which was sort of my point in my earlier post, it cannot be beyond the abilities of H.D to retain thier style of bike but make it in various capacities.
The Bern
Scooter Freshman

Thank You

Email
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2018, 12:20:31 PM »

Little off topic, I can remember as a kid watching Bonanza every Sunday night as a family. Every commercial was a Chevrolet.

Bonanza, brilliant program, can't remember what adverts we had in the UK back then though.
Murf
Wind In My Hair, Bugs In My Teeth
Scooter Freshman

Bikes Owned: Honda 50, 90, 350, 750, VTX1300, SW600, BSA, Norton, BMW K100, Yamaha 175 Enduro and Vstar 1300, Harley 1945 Knuckle Head, VW trike I built.

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 8

Silver Surfer Rides Again

bemurphy22@msn.com
Email
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2018, 04:55:53 PM »

When Harley started making all the parts overseas they headed down hill.  They only assembled the bikes in America.  Harley was built around Old School looks for old school riders but lets face it the bikes were over priced, Heavy, poor power to weight ratio (unless you spend another $5,000 modifying the motor) and handling was not good.  All my friends have over $20,000 to $35,000 into their Harley's.  The Harley Dealers even held used bikes off the market to keep the inflated prices up.  I feel bad for all the people that are loosing their jobs.

Harley could help if they offered Automatic transmissions for older riders (Bombardiers, Honda offers multiple automatic options and Maxi Scooters).  Lets face it we ride scooters why?

The average American can no longer afford a $25,000. play toy.

Never seen a day I cannot overcome with a smile.
SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 380
-Receive: 195

Email
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2018, 03:46:43 AM »

Sad tale about the redundant Fat Boy, heck of a choice for a first machine he might have done better to get a smaller capacity lighter japanese cruiser to 'learn' on then upsize ?  Which was sort of my point in my earlier post, it cannot be beyond the abilities of H.D to retain thier style of bike but make it in various capacities.

That was my first thoughts, Why such a big (Expensive) bike for your first one? Instead of a midsize, much cheaper Japanese bike.
The Bern
Scooter Freshman

Thank You

Email
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2018, 10:58:53 AM »

That was my first thoughts, Why such a big (Expensive) bike for your first one? Instead of a midsize, much cheaper Japanese bike.

Indeed bud, and how much better would that sentence be if it read .....  Instead of a midsize Harley.

I wonder, over the years how many sales have H.D lost too the Virago, over here we have graded motorbike test system learners are restricted by cc's &/or power, to this end Yamaha made a 125cc Virago that was 'learner friendly' looked like a slightly shrunken 750cc Virago.  OK a 125cc cruiser on your roads would be silly but why not a 500cc H.D to get started on, think 60's Triumph Daytona performance with Harley styling.
Dan
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 223
-Receive: 358

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2018, 05:31:39 PM »

Harley has a 500cc bike, the HD Street. They also have 883 Sportsters. These arenít large powerful bikes.

Practicing Normite.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: