March 23, 2019, 10:44:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Honda Goldwing Rider Magazine Review.  (Read 353 times)
SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 387
-Receive: 195

Email
« on: January 25, 2018, 05:33:19 AM »

Enjoy!
http://ridermagazine.com/2018/01/22/2018-honda-gold-wing-tour-dct-first-u-s-ride-review/

02 Gl 1800 GoldWing
89 Pacific Coast 800 
2012 Burgman 650 Burgman Trike
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 61
-Receive: 244

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 06:06:42 AM »

That was a good article, with a complete description of the bike.  I canít wait to read an actual extended road test article.

Greg
Dan
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 223
-Receive: 361

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 06:14:14 PM »

Nice article with lot's of salty comments from readers at the end.

Practicing Normite.
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 06:33:48 PM »

Nice article with lot's of salty comments from readers at the end.

I didn’t read the comments.  I need to go back and read them.
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 06:53:14 PM »

That was a good article, with a complete description of the bike.  I can’t wait to read an actual extended road test article.

I just read the comments after the article.  Lots of folks seemingly disappointed in this yet-to-be-relased for sale motorcycle.  I don’t think anyone can give a knowledgeable opinion on a bike until it’s been ridden.  I also think Honda does listen to it’s consumer base and responds, perhaps not to every desire, but at least in general.  It would appear that Honda is aiming this new Gold Wing at a younger segment of the riding population.  We all know the comments about the Wing being an “old man’s bike,” but those of us who’ve ridden the GL1800 know it’s anything but.

What I take from this is that the new Gold Wing is aimed at those who like to tour or take long day rides, but are more interested in sporty riding rather than long, day after day touring.  I know we were leaning in that direction when we lived in Idaho.  We just got to the point where we didn’t care much for long tours.  At least not often.  We had favorite long day rides that were fun.  For us, a good day ride was at least 250 miles and up to 400 miles.  And we enjoyed the comfort of the Gold Wing.  I think the new Wing would have provided the same level of comfort and sport handling.  It may not be the choice of those who prefer to do most of their riding on the slab, or those who want the most horsepower they can get.  It may be fun to ride at lightning speeds, but face it, where can you legally do that outside of a racetrack.

Alas, I ramble, but I think these naysayers are naysaying before they have any experience on which to base their complaints.  And those who said they would prefer the big BMW must have no idea of the expense involved with owning a BMW.  LOL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: