December 15, 2017, 02:20:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's winter in MT so YouTube Scooter Racing  (Read 145 times)
realbtl
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: I keep thinking of ones I left off the list so let's just say "A lot" and call it good.

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 25

« on: December 02, 2017, 05:13:04 AM »

Since it is now dark at 5:00 I find myself wandering around the net looking for fun stuff.  This is in Italian but I kind of like the commentary nonetheless.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TaO3LvXd3o

'86 Honda Helix
Ha! Probably something else in a bit
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '12 Piaggio X10 350 Exec. & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 61
-Receive: 95

Evening Light

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 08:10:46 AM »

When the lake finally freezes over you can start doing this.
https://youtu.be/Bt9JaIH53Cg

I don't follow Speedway but the predominant motors are/were by MZ, and Kawa from E. Germany & Czechoslovakia. I had a 250cc MZ motorcycle and they are indestructible!

There are old scooter riders and there are bold scooter riders but there are no old bold scooter riders.
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 40
-Receive: 213

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 06:09:05 PM »

Well, thatís certainly different.  Almost fun.  Hard to believe those little scoots can do that.  I suspect they are highly modified, though.

Greg
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 40
-Receive: 213

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 06:14:27 PM »

I don't follow Speedway but the predominant motors are/were by MZ, and Kawa from E. Germany & Czechoslovakia. I had a 250cc MZ motorcycle and they are indestructible!

Never had an MZ, made in E. Germany, I believe, but I did have one of those Czech horrors, a 350 Jawa.  Terrible motorcycle, to put it mildly.  It was a street bike that they took 2, 175cc singles and mated them on a common crank.  Horrible design, but it was their way of getting into the U.S. streetbike scene in the late ‘60’s.  It’s what I learned to ride on.  Seat was a piece of thick plywood with kapok filling covered with a hard vinyl seat cover.  Makes me want to scream just thinking about it.
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 44
-Receive: 67

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 07:13:15 PM »

If it has a motor, guys will figure out how to race it. We used to play moto-polo on a frozen field. I had a lot of fun until I fractured my skull. Fortunately, it was just a hairline fracture and concussion.

"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
Burgman Executive 650
Majesty 400
Morphous 250
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '12 Piaggio X10 350 Exec. & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 61
-Receive: 95

Evening Light

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 08:45:26 PM »

Never had an MZ, made in E. Germany, I believe, but I did have one of those Czech horrors, a 350 Jawa.  Terrible motorcycle, to put it mildly.  It was a street bike that they took 2, 175cc singles and mated them on a common crank.  Horrible design, but it was their way of getting into the U.S. streetbike scene in the late ‘60’s.  It’s what I learned to ride on.  Seat was a piece of thick plywood with kapok filling covered with a hard vinyl seat cover.  Makes me want to scream just thinking about it.

Well, apply most of that to the old MZs but that 2stroke motor just kept on keeping on!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: