February 26, 2018, 03:36:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lodging  (Read 979 times)
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 14 Sypder ST-S

Thank You
-Given: 283
-Receive: 644

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« on: November 06, 2017, 02:26:19 PM »

http://goosepond.org/

Make your own arrangements whether in Goosepond or near by Scottsboro.

Iím sure thereís lots of AirBnB options as well.

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 45
-Receive: 69

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 04:01:43 AM »

Staying tuned!

"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
Burgman Executive 650
Majesty 400
Morphous 250
Spyderist
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '16 Can-am Spyder RT Limited SE-6, '08 Suzuki Burgman 400 w/Minitrike (better half's), '07 Honda Reflex Sport (also better half's)

Thank You
-Given: 6
-Receive: 36

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 11:21:09 PM »

Staying tuned!
Does that make you a "tuner"?

Spyderist, formerly known as ZURG

If You Don't Ride, You Don't Know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4mU8ZqMZPU
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 14 Sypder ST-S

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 01:49:46 PM »

I found two suitable places for us.  I will be speaking to the people this week.  Both asked I wait till this week for rates to get settled (of course that means increase) 

While I initially wanted to stay at the Lodge at Lake Guntersville I backed off after seeing the rates.  Everything was stupid pricing from the cabins to RV slots. 

I will update once I speak to these folks and can determine which one suits of best.  Both accommodate cabins, rooms, camping and rving.   

Both are close to Guntersville and Huntsville as well as fantastic roads.   

Also a day trip to Birmingham to the motorcycle museum should be doable.   I have a letter umm e-mail into them about riding on the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Steve_YYZ
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: 2014 Suzuki Burgman 650

Thank You
-Given: 49
-Receive: 30

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 03:51:08 PM »

WOW, a lap or two or a dozen of BMP would be awesome. Make for a wonderful photo op!!!!
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 45
-Receive: 69

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 05:22:46 PM »

I'm thinking more like a dozen or two! I'm not much into photography(wish I was), but I'll let you get some of me at speed, Steve.
Driller
Scooter Grad Student

Bikes Owned: Aprillia Sport City 250, Aprilia Scarabeo 150 currently.- Previously many

Thank You
-Given: 13
-Receive: 26

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 04:44:02 PM »

This is looking more and more like something to put on the calendar. Stopped at Barber back in December on the way to Louisana. Just amazing!

My name is Mike. I suffer from multiple bike disorder
Clampett
Scooter Freshman

Bikes Owned: 28 - Mini bikes to Gold Wings.

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 5

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 11:47:15 PM »

Ok, you can dis me all you want, coz I prolly deserve it. I've lived at this same spot(Near Gardendale, AL) since 1956 and just 3 miles down the road before that. And I've still not visited Barber's. I've helped arrange visits for out of state travelers and provided camping for adventurers that went to visit it. So, I was here and a biker when it opened.
For some reason, Bass Pro Shop got my attention (and I don't fish). Looks like this is my year for Barber's.
Looking forward to seeing/riding with some of you.

Steve_YYZ
Scooter Junior Professor

Thank You

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 04:28:46 AM »

I'm thinking more like a dozen or two! I'm not much into photography(wish I was), but I'll let you get some of me at speed, Steve.

No problem at all taking photos of you. I do have a camera mount on the back of my topcase..... as long as you can keep up and be within camera range! LOL!!!!
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 01:08:47 AM »

Alrighty... got the lodging down to two places.  I would like some input.

If my spelling etc is off ignore, I've been laid up with flu for 4 days now and not thinking at my best.

There's the Lodge at Lake Guntersville St Park and Goosepond in Scottsboro.

Let me explain why I would pick Goosepond over the State Park.  

Both are lovely places as far as scenery.  Both are relatively close in pricing, Goosepond is just a tad higher, maybe 10%

I will relate the Goosepond prices.

Lodge (6 rooms) available  95 a night
Tiny Cabins 1 person or a couple 130 a night
Cabins 2Br/2Bath 200 a night
RV Hookups (everythign included: sewer electricity water wireless wifi) 203/213 for the week pricing (cheaper this way) 213 price is near the lake.

Here's the reason I would pick Goosepond:

When at St Park we are 13 miles from Guntersville and more accommodations for others that want choices. (which is basically only 2 places at 91-100 a night)

Scottsboro is a few miles from Goosepond with about 6 motel/hotels to choose from at prices from 33 to 100ish a night.
Lots more restaurant places closer versus The Lodge.  The Lodge has eating place like most state parks that serves all three meals. Lake Guntersville has nice places to eat but again 13 miles away and the roads between downtown and the State Park are mountainous and twisty with tons of deer.

Either place gets us to fabulous roads easily and the routes I've been looking to ride.  If we wanted to go into Guntersville for supper we can easily to that.  The road is along the lake (flat) and not the mountainside.  I know I will be meeting up with high school friends one evening in town, of course all are welcome.  There is suppose to be a fun bar restaurant on the lake.   When I was a kid it was a sleepy no alcohol county... things are a tad different now.

So opinions??  

Don't forget contact each other no matter where we decided to see if anyone wants to bunk up.
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2009 Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 21
-Receive: 37

Maxi-Scoot Rally 2017

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 07:18:13 AM »

Maggie,

Thanks for gathering the info on this years Rally.  I have looked at both places. I agree with your choice of Goosepond over the State Park being closer to Scottsboro and more lodging choices along with restaurants.

I have made a reservation at the Red Roof Inn and Suites from the 4th thru the 9th.  I can cancel up to 2:00 pm on the 4th at no charge.  I have not confirmed my vacation time yet but it can’t hurt to have a reservation.  Red Roof Inn is about 7 miles  from The Goosepond Resort. 

It's just not a vacation it's a fricking adventure.
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 02:22:50 PM »

Ok folks letís go ahead with Goosepond.   You will make your own arrangements   Whether at Goosepond or close by.  

http://goosepond.org/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
sonuvabug
Scooter Senior

Thank You
-Given: 5
-Receive: 4

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 07:54:55 PM »

Ok folks letís go ahead with Goosepond.   You will make your own arrangements   Whether at Goosepond or close by.  http://goosepond.org/

Finding the RV Campsites at Goose Pond Colony Resort is a bit tricky.  On their website, to find information on camping, do not click on "Facilities".  You have to click on "Things To Do" tab and then "Camp".  That'll lead you to the information on their primative and RV camping facilities etc.  Rates for the week seem to range from $158 to $220 plus 12% plus $1 day depending on where you want to be.  There is also the Crawford RV Park in the area which seem to get mixed reviews.  I haven't had time to explore either of these in detail but will post up when I have a chance.
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 46

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 05:51:33 AM »

$200ish for the week with full hookups?
Seems like a deal to me. 
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 02:49:58 PM »

Anyone camping... they will allow you to pitch a tent on someones RV site, FTR.
jpowell692
Scooter Freshman

Bikes Owned: 2007 Burgman 400, 2011 Burgman 650

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0

468863.jpg

Email
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 02:54:03 PM »

I  am thinking about camping this year. Haven't decided yet. If others tent it,  I will too.

The more the miles, the bigger the smiles.
sonuvabug
Scooter Senior

Thank You

Email
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 03:45:26 PM »

Here's the linky to the camping information at Goose Pond Colony Resort.

http://goosepond.org/things-to-do/camp/
Steve_YYZ
Scooter Junior Professor

Thank You

Email
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 05:19:48 PM »

Last year at Minocqua we were all pretty much at the same resort (the Points). This year is seems more likely we'll be scattered across many different places to stay. Is one "place", going to be the main lodging where most people will be? I'm trying to figure out where to book into.
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2018, 05:03:34 AM »

The main location is Goosepond.  It is slightly different than the Pointe but more how we've done it in the past.  (however all in the came resort. )

There are rooms, cottages, mini cottages, RV and camping spots at Goosepond.  As in the past our cabin is a meet up point at night.  Looks good again with a fire pit etc :-)

We try to have it close to other accommodations for people who would rather be in a separate place.
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2009 Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 21
-Receive: 37

Maxi-Scoot Rally 2017

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2018, 05:55:33 AM »

Here's the linky to the camping information at Goose Pond Colony Resort.

http://goosepond.org/things-to-do/camp/

Len, thanks for the link.  That was helpful to see a a better view of the campground.  The site does not have many pictures of the lodge rooms.  They have more of the cottages and a few more of the mini cabins.

We made reservations in Scottsboro because of the cancelation policy.  Bob’s Mom has Stage 4 lung cancer. She is doing better.  But we just don’t know.  She is terminal.  Our plan is to be there.  We do enjoy the Rally and seeing you all.  Your a fun group to hang with. .
sonuvabug
Scooter Senior

Thank You

Email
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 07:10:52 PM »

Hey Maggie, FYI - I went through the Campground Policies and there it says an additional tent is allowed on an RV site.  The cost is $15 per night for the tent.

I also emailed directly to the Goose Pond Colony Resort Campground Management as their Rule #8 states "No tow-behind enclosed trailers are allowed".  That effectively knocks out our truck camper set-up pulling our cargo trailer and people like Phil who also tow a cargo trailer.

I'll post up once I hear back. ~ Len ~
msgtphil
Five of Five
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Current - Kwang Yang X-500, GL1100/Vetter sidecar

Thank You
-Given: 186
-Receive: 203

generic

Email
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2018, 08:44:24 PM »

Hey Maggie, FYI - I went through the Campground Policies and there it says an additional tent is allowed on an RV site.  The cost is $15 per night for the tent.

I also emailed directly to the Goose Pond Colony Resort Campground Management as their Rule #8 states "No tow-behind enclosed trailers are allowed".  That effectively knocks out our truck camper set-up pulling our cargo trailer and people like Phil who also tow a cargo trailer.

I'll post up once I hear back. ~ Len ~

Thanks for the info, Len! My trailer is a camper (minimalistic RV) not in addition to one, an issue of nomenclature only unless there isn't some sort of camper/RV discrimination and exclusion policy. Hopefully the exclusion is directed at motor homes towing a trailer and you get a favorable response to the inquiry.

If you stand for anything, you have fallen for something.
sonuvabug
Scooter Senior

Thank You

Email
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2018, 06:01:00 PM »

Thanks for the info, Len! My trailer is a camper (minimalistic RV) not in addition to one, an issue of nomenclature only unless there isn't some sort of camper/RV discrimination and exclusion policy. Hopefully the exclusion is directed at motor homes towing a trailer and you get a favorable response to the inquiry.

Thanks Phil.  I actually mentioned your setup (truck + cargo trailer) in my email to them as well.  We'll see what they reply back.
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2018, 03:29:37 AM »

I reserved my cabin today. Then they connected me to the campsite and I asked them about the trailer restriction. They said they have people who stay there month to month and that rule is to stop them from using trailers as storage sheds. They said if you are camping and not a "permanent resident" a trailer is not a problem.
sonuvabug
Scooter Senior

Thank You

Email
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2018, 03:06:36 PM »

I reserved my cabin today. Then they connected me to the campsite and I asked them about the trailer restriction. They said they have people who stay there month to month and that rule is to stop them from using trailers as storage sheds. They said if you are camping and not a "permanent resident" a trailer is not a problem.

Awesome ... thanks for asking and sharing Mark.  This logic makes sense.  Hopefully their written response to me will be the same as the verbal one they gave you.
msgtphil
Five of Five
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Current - Kwang Yang X-500, GL1100/Vetter sidecar

Thank You
-Given: 186
-Receive: 203

generic

Email
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2018, 06:12:16 PM »

Awesome ... thanks for asking and sharing Mark.  This logic makes sense.  Hopefully their written response to me will be the same as the verbal one they gave you.

+1, Thanks to both of you for discovering and resolving the issue!
sonuvabug
Scooter Senior

Thank You

Email
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 03:19:34 PM »

+1, Thanks to both of you for discovering and resolving the issue!

To close this loop, here is the response I received from Goose Pond's Campground Manager.  She confirms what was told to Mark and it looks like the enclosed cargo trailers are no problem. ~ Len ~

" I am sorry that I did not receive your email last week. The enclosed trailer rule was put in for the monthly campers for storage purposes. We allow our short time campers to use them.

We will be glad to have your group at our facility. If you have any questions call me.

Thank You,

Selena Holloway - Goose Pond Colony Campground Manager

417 Ed Hembree Drive
Scottsboro, AL 35769
(256) 912-0075"
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2018, 07:45:50 PM »

Yeah :-)
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You