October 17, 2018, 10:13:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Future?  (Read 869 times)
scooterwolf
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: Kymco Yager GT 200i, Kymco Downtown 300i

Thank You
-Given: 17
-Receive: 23

Easy and Me

Email
« on: October 30, 2017, 02:27:42 AM »

I see helmets of this design and caliber happening in the future, but nowhere in the video was a price mentioned, so I'm guessing it's high. That's a hard hurdle
to overcome.

I'd also be afraid of being overly dependent on the helmet's technology. What happens if its power source is down? What is its power source? Given that the helmet is expensive (I think that goes without saying) then keeping it secure becomes vital. Not all MCs have the ability to stowe a helmet. Will this force the rider to keep the helmet with them all the time? That can be a hardship after a while.

How does the HUD footage work in low light situations? In fog? In the rain? If one has to lift the visor to see better in the rain, will rain water damage the interior components of the helmet?

Given its size can it be stored under a scooter seat? How large does a topcase have to be to store it as well?

Is there a blindspot between the front view and rear camera? If dust and dirt obscure the camera lens, does the helmet just become a regular helmet?

Last, given its size and thickness does the helmet's design become problematic to remove, or cut away in the event of an accident?

Not expecting anyone to have specific answers, but just my thoughts on the product.

- Wolf
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: