May 27, 2019, 04:28:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Good, The Bad and the Downright Funny of the Northwoods  (Read 923 times)
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 324
-Receive: 803

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« on: September 11, 2017, 11:29:17 PM »

The Good

Point Resort - Extremely swanky, maybe just a few steps above Steel Steads ;) Seriously the setting was absolutely perfect.  The resort was impeccable as was the staff.  Was fun having the pool, sauna and whirlpool for our hangout day.  The bonfire area was fun!  Our condo was beyond fun and could hold quite a few people for hangout evenings.  Pete and I loved being able to easily access the sidewalks to head into town for morning walks.

Mullins Cheese - Brian brought me a bag. Never had any while there(?), nope I was very rude and did not share. #sorrynotsorry

Minocqua Brewery - Out of this world Bloody Mary and the freshest fried cheese curds I had all week.

Minocqua Pizza Co - Out of this world good.  The Billy Bread was phenomenal!

Syls Cafe - worth the one way of 120 miles on a cold drizzly day.  

Roads - actually north of Tomahawk the roads were very well maintained, towards the south in WI not so much.

Topography/Scenery in WI - Down right beautiful country from the second we arrived in SW at the Wisconsin River all the way to the Northwoods.  I realized on the way to Bond Falls I traveled the entire WI River from the confluence at the Mississippi to Lac Vieux Desert

Local foods, etc  - I could not live in WI.  (I would turn into a big piece of cheese and sausage dripping w/ Spotted Cow. The local foods were the best of all our rallies.  Oh I found Udderfingers on the way out of the state.  About to try some now with our afternoon coffee

The Bad

(really nothing but...)

Goes to me for not understanding after Labor Day in WI, you better understand their ways. Maybe we will be open today and maybe we will not.  Maybe we will give you separate checks, maybe we won't (I finally won that argument by saying I will get up and walk out of here and all these people will follow me to Perkins) Oh and we never update our website after our 10 year old cousin designs it.

I did learn after Labor Day, Friday Night Fish Fry means we close at 7pm, NO FISH FOR YOU!

Deer... Holy Moly!

Downright Funny

Signs...everywhere there are funny signs.  
The Townies & Yoopers  (Oh the deer at the resort were extremely friendly and loved my banana bread.)
The townies like the phrase "you betcha"
All men walking along the road in MI are the same man.
Minocqua's census
The Yacht Club serves Milwaukee Perch but says he's not sure why they call it that as it's not from Milwaukee
The six year old child inside me found it amusing that Packerland was located next to the fudge place.

* 20170910_004144176_iOS.jpg (1135.4 KB, 2330x4032 - viewed 38 times.)

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
jdbrot
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Honda Reflex Sport ABS

Thank You
-Given: 15
-Receive: 123

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 01:02:53 AM »

Ditto
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2009 Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 30
-Receive: 98

Maxi-Scoot Rally 2017

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 01:15:41 AM »

Maggie all so true.  What are uddefingers?

It's just not a vacation it's a fricking adventure.
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 52
-Receive: 105

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 02:11:59 AM »

WARNING!!! Politically Incorrect to follow.....BUT

Some of us got to see "The Black Man".

Walk fast...look worried.
"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
Burgman Executive 650
Majesty 400 x2
Morphous 250
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 02:22:39 AM »

WARNING!!! Politically Incorrect to follow.....BUT

Some of us got to see "The Black Man".

Yeah but that was out at Rib Falls... and Pete said the one on TV didn't count.

Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 02:26:51 AM »

Maggie all so true.  What are uddefingers?

http://www.baraboocandy.com/product/udderfingers-pack/

* 20170911_230123060_iOS.jpg (249.43 KB, 900x1600 - viewed 29 times.)
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2009 Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 30
-Receive: 98

Maxi-Scoot Rally 2017

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 03:25:58 AM »

You learn something everyday.   
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 03:49:27 AM »

There was one thing I didn't want....

* 21616517_1844971485520012_3619660423804400060_n.jpg (88.26 KB, 960x720 - viewed 30 times.)
SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 388
-Receive: 195

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 04:05:26 AM »

I'm really glad you all had a nice time in my neck o da woods! Glad the Pointe was to your liking Maggie! Just to bad the weather didn't cooperate! I believe this rally was the first I missed a ride in 6 of them as well so don't feel bad Maggie.
I'm grateful you choose this area & got to lead a ride! Also grateful no one went down & everyone made it home safely. I made it home twice, once with the bikes & back up & back with the camper. Made it home in time to don my cheesehead & cheer my team to victory!
Sure was GR8 to see everyone again!

02 Gl 1800 GoldWing
89 Pacific Coast 800 
2012 Burgman 650 Burgman Trike
msgtphil
Five of Five
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Current - Kwang Yang X-500, GL1100/Vetter sidecar

Thank You
-Given: 188
-Receive: 219

generic

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 03:43:51 AM »

I looked up the area so I know what it is but as we passed signs for 'Spirit Falls' I wondered whimsically if it was a place depression sets in. Almost overgrown I spotted a sign I would have appropriated given the chance, it simply stated 'Falls Inn'.

If you stand for anything, you have fallen for something.
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 62

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 04:01:53 AM »

Len has been considering a Tmax for a while but had never ridden one. I swapped rides with him and I think he was relatively impressed with the Tmax. Karen even said that ride was going to cost them some money.
Later that night, at the bonfire, someone asked me what I thought about Len's Silver Wing. I said "It's a nice bike. I'd be happy owning one." Then I put my hand on Len's shoulder and said "But I'd always be dreaming of a Tmax." :D
Len said "You're a Dick." 
sonuvabug
Scooter Senior

Thank You
-Given: 5
-Receive: 9

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 04:00:57 PM »

Len has been considering a Tmax for a while but had never ridden one. I swapped rides with him and I think he was relatively impressed with the Tmax. Karen even said that ride was going to cost them some money.
Later that night, at the bonfire, someone asked me what I thought about Len's Silver Wing. I said "It's a nice bike. I'd be happy owning one." Then I put my hand on Len's shoulder and said "But I'd always be dreaming of a Tmax." :D

And they called me a S*** Disturber!  FYI - the low mileage (200 mi.) , 2014 Special Edition TMAX I was bird dogging was sold by the time we got back.  
Carol
RCR
Scooter Grad Student

Bikes Owned: 07 Silverwing, 15 Tmax

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 10

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 10:47:01 PM »

It is 82 in Minocqua today.  Just saying.
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 02:00:30 AM »

FYI - the low mileage (200 mi.) , 2014 Special Edition TMAX I was bird dogging was sold by the time we got back.   
Call your dealer and see if they have any clearance Tmaxes like we do here. If not, do the math for a black market one from here. I know where you can get a new 2015 for $6800 US. May be some up closer to your neck of the US woods.
sonuvabug
Scooter Senior

Thank You

Email
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 02:59:20 PM »

FYI - the low mileage (200 mi.) , 2014 Special Edition TMAX I was bird dogging was sold by the time we got back.   
Call your dealer and see if they have any clearance Tmaxes like we do here. If not, do the math for a black market one from here. I know where you can get a new 2015 for $6800 US. May be some up closer to your neck of the US woods.

The import taxes and duties are crazy on new units brought in from the USA.  Not many kicking around at the dealers here.  I'm patient ... if I find one I do ... if I don't, then I'll still be happy with my SWing.  Thanks again for swapping rides ... the TMAX really does perform and handle fantastically.  Feels so well planted and surefooted.
sonuvabug
Scooter Senior

Thank You

Email
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 05:52:14 PM »

And they called me a S*** Disturber!  FYI - the low mileage (200 mi.) , 2014 Special Edition TMAX I was bird dogging was sold by the time we got back.   

Mark, as you know, I said the handlebars were a little low and too far forward for my comfort.  You said "no problem" ... they make a kit for that.  Look what you made me find!!!!

http://www.rizoma.com/universal/mixed/ma400/en?MOTO=52314837-50462991-R   

You sound like the "red devil" that sometimes stands on my shoulder and whispers in my ear .... 

msgtphil
Five of Five
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Current - Kwang Yang X-500, GL1100/Vetter sidecar

Thank You
-Given: 188
-Receive: 219

generic

Email
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 10:19:10 PM »

I'm missing the cool weather, every time I go outside daytime I leak all over my clothes.
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 12:11:56 AM »

The import taxes and duties are crazy on new units brought in from the USA.  Not many kicking around at the dealers here.  I'm patient ... if I find one I do ... if I don't, then I'll still be happy with my SWing.  Thanks again for swapping rides ... the TMAX really does perform and handle fantastically.  Feels so well planted and surefooted.
How much are the taxes if you buy used? You could buy mine and I'll get another new one.
sonuvabug
Scooter Senior

Thank You

Email
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 06:20:29 PM »

How much are the taxes if you buy used? You could buy mine and I'll get another new one.

There's that whispering sound in my ear again ... 

Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 01:06:22 PM »

I'm missing the cool weather, every time I go outside daytime I leak all over my clothes.

You and me both!  We went from Lake Superior to FL in a span of two days!  I was digging that Minocqua weather.
sonuvabug
Scooter Senior

Thank You

Email
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 06:31:41 PM »

It is 82 in Minocqua today.  Just saying.

Nice ... I still enjoyed the temps we got ... great to ride in.  Last weekend was fantastic around us too and this weekend it is suppose to be in the upper 20*'s Celsius (low to mid 80*'s F) ... definitely above average for this time of year.  We're going camping cuz this awesome weather  won't last too much longer!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: